Packers / Colts - Post Game

Leader

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Interesting note, Aaron Jones fumbled on the 1 going in for a TD and SF recovered. 

Also, Watson zero catches, zero targets? Can't happen. 

It can 100% happen when your game plan is to make sure Willis is comfortable and not taking risks... There was no reason at all in that game for him to play action and try to send a bomb to Watson... This is 100% situational football my friend. The situation was prevent risk, turnovers, and run the rock and play defense. The game plan brought us a W and that was the goal. MLF, this team and the coaching staff should be celebrating and it sounds like they are. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

It can 100% happen when your game plan is to make sure Willis is comfortable and not taking risks... There was no reason at all in that game for him to play action and try to send a bomb to Watson... This is 100% situational football my friend. The situation was prevent risk, turnovers, and run the rock and play defense. The game plan brought us a W and that was the goal. MLF, this team and the coaching staff should be celebrating and it sounds like they are. 

Tells alot about that WR room actually.

If you have Stephon Diggs type of receivers, coaches has to alter their game plan a bit. 

27 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Did Stokes get hurt? I know Valentine was in quite a bit and did not hear Stokes name much. 

Don't think Stokes got hurt. He actually came back in for Valentine late when Valentine got banged up. I think Valentine simply played over him most of the game. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

32 carries is nuts. First bellcow since ahman. This is why we went with jacobs over jones

I’m glad we have a guy of his caliber and ability to go all 4 quarters. I do hope Love gets back soon and they become complimentary as well as our other guys keeping some snaps off of the young veteran. I really want him at the peak of his powers in December, January and if we are very fortunate, February. 

10 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Tells alot about that WR room actually.

If you have Stephon Diggs type of receivers, coaches has to alter their game plan a bit. 

I'm confused by your comment. What does this tell us about the WR room? I was not dismissing Watson, but explaining why he wasn't a focal point of the game plan with a back up QB that had been in the offense for 20 days... 

Did I misunderstand you? 

1 hour ago, Toddfather said:

I'm confused by your comment. What does this tell us about the WR room? I was not dismissing Watson, but explaining why he wasn't a focal point of the game plan with a back up QB that had been in the offense for 20 days... 

Did I misunderstand you? 

I mean they are selfless folks playing for the team win instead of asking for targets. 

Stephon diggs kind of players always wants the Targets otherwise they will make lot of unnecessary noise. 

• Like 1