Packers / Colts - Post Game

Leader

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Shame about Lloyd. He's got some juice. 

He can be a factor if he gets right. Moves different out there.

So far .. nothing but being hurt.  Agree he could be something that could make a nice running back situation but his injury issues are concerning.

On 9/16/2024 at 1:08 PM, skibrett15 said:

kicker seems fine.  Not good obviously but fine.  If Anders did this you'd all be like "he's finally rounding into form by going 3/4"

You'd like to see him at around 90% from 40-45 and 85% from 45-50 but I think those are hittable targets if he goes on a nice run here.  2 misses in 2 games is disappointing, but I don't see any really short misses yet like missed XPs and missed 30 yarders which to me would be leading indicators of a potential implosion. 

He needs to make a 50 yarder and be given a game winning oppty and then this board will love him.

I watched the Georgia-Kentucky game on Saturday and absolutely hope that Gutekunst will take a closer look at UK Kicker Alex Raynor. He was absolutely NUTS in this game. Checked his stats afterwards and you could also say that he was also clearly nuts in 2022 and 2023. Wouldn't mind taking him in the 4th or so. 35/38 on FGs and 101/103 on PATs since 2022.

Edited by Gravedigger93
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Just started watching this.  These guys REALLY like the Packers run game against the Colts.

I was gonna note when the ross uglem "rhyan 3 piece" clip was posted.. but it was tough to kinda see from his angle and its not that important, still a solid play and effort from rhyan, but im on a crusade. Myers puts the 2nd guy of Rhyans 3 on the ground which prevents the LB from skating over the top of rhyan, holds the safety at depth and takes this from good to great play.

Myers is such a pariah in our twitter media though so cant say good things thoo

Just a real solid play from our interior. Everyone should be as zeked as these dudes are watching that game back.

Also around 13.30 "can they sustain this a couple more games" "absolutely this OL is very good". From a couple ex OL, put this in my good vids folder. Made the mistake of turning on Herman/justo pod while i was grading dirt yesterday. I think thats my version of doom scrolling, i knew it would make me angry. Donno how you complain about the OL after that game. That one went bad vids folder. 

Also also, its become a narrative that the Colts were dropping into coverage every play somehow. (Pat McAfee coping) Its 8 man boxes all game playing the run.. Bradley just matched personnel and 1v1 the Packers run game KILLED it. (Cant even say just OL because MLFs run game really relies on everyone, kraft is an absolute linch pin). They had to go a personnel package heavier to stop us. And that is where the run opened up the pass (but caleb i thought our team could only run when the pass opened it up for them?)

Rant over this was a fun game.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

MLF can coach. I don't think there is at mystery there at this point. I watched all of that clip. Sean Rhyan was really good on those plays. The knock no him has always been in pass pro. 

To echo @HighCalebR said, the offensive line is pretty darn good. 

Myers stops throwing up on the ball he's going to make a lot of people around here eat their words. 

I think we all understand why Tucker Kraft is playing a whole lot more than Musgrave. Kraft is a little like Kittle. Musgrave is more of a Gesicki. 

Edited by Old Guy

36 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

MLF can coach. I don't think there is at mystery there at this point. I watched all of that clip. Sean Rhyan was really good on those plays. The knock no him has always been in pass pro. 

Myers stops throwing up on the ball he's going to make a lot of people around here eat their words. 

I think we all understand why Tucker Kraft is playing a whole lot more than Musgrave. Kraft is a little like Kittle. Musgrave is more of a Gesicki. 

Ohh yeah Rhyan can get after it. With only like 8 reps of pro you see this one and you think, why is he in a rotation? I want to see Morgan rotating with Walker next game if this is the gameplan.. think we could run dudes over again especially once we get them moving sideways and gassed. 

Morgan same deal.. you dont see him getting bull rushed and its like damn we hit a homerun here.

Myers puking because he had the most yards run on the day. Dude put in like 5 miles. Pull every play. 2nd/3rd level every other play. Double team on the plays youre not doing that. This is what i mean when i say we put a lot on his plate. And then hes big enough to sit against a monster nose tackle.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Ohh yeah Rhyan can get after it. With only like 8 reps of pro you see this one and you think, why is he in a rotation? I want to see Morgan rotating with Walker next game if this is the gameplan.. think we could run dudes over again especially once we get them moving sideways and gassed. 

Morgan same deal.. you dont see him getting bull rushed and its like damn we hit a homerun here.

Do we have any insight as to Morgan's injury? I hope he's not out long if at all. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Do we have any insight as to Morgan's injury? I hope he's not out long if at all. 

Ive got nothing i guess i kinda forgot about it. But i think it couldve been as minor as a cramp or something and they just yanked him.  Should know something today right?

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Myers puking because he had the most yards run on the day. Dude put in like 5 miles. Pull every play. 2nd/3rd level every other play. Double team on the plays youre not doing that. This is what i mean when i say we put a lot on his plate. And then hes big enough to sit against a monster nose tackle.

I was thinking about this after the puke story became a thing.  I figured the OL who were pulling play after play were probably doing as much running as Jacobs in this game, and they aren't able to take a breather after a few plays the way Jacobs can.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I'll add something, too.  Yes, the offensive line play is pretty darned good.  As a unit.  Collectively they are pretty darned good.

But when you look at them as individuals?  Eh.....  then you can nitpick.  It's the collective that is so impressive.  Totally helps when you have a run game called like that from MLF.

Scary thing is this...I'm down on Walker right now.  Our RG situation is neither good nor bad, which is how it's been for a while.  Tom is doing pretty good, but he can and will be better.  Myers is what he is...but we know that there is more there.

So, I think while our collective is pretty darned good right now....there's potential for it to be even better.  And that should be the expectation.   The more Walker, Tom, Rhyan, Morgan (when not injured) play, the better they should get.

• Like 1