Packers / Colts - Post Game

Leader

39 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Not speaking for you, but.....

I don't feel like we could use much help there.  The best help we can get is on the bench with Monk and/or Morgan (depending if you label Morgan a starter).

I think reps with Monk is all he really needs.  And I still feel like Dillard can function as a swing tackle in this offense if he had to.

But maybe I'm just feeling a little more optimistic today.

In the big picture, though, we are 2 games into a new system.  It's a long season.  No reason to trade anybody right now because of a knee jerk reaction to two weeks.  Though admittedly, Nixon's history isn't helping his cause.  Have to feel like there's no value in him with the new kickoff rule and his tape on defense.

And while I think that LVN needs more EDGE snaps and those could come from Enagbare, I do like the DE/EDGE depth that we have.  And again, it's a long season.

Monks not going to be better than Myers. Monk will be different than Myers if they go that route. Myers has more tools to work with. If thats what you mean.. as a backup backup 100% agree hell be ok.

Think Rhyan slides inside if Myers is hurt this year. And with telfort/dillard/morgan i think were totally fine at backup across the board.

I dont add anyone to our OL room weve got a 

41 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Monks not going to be better than Myers. Monk will be different than Myers if they go that route. Myers has more tools to work with. If thats what you mean.. as a backup backup 100% agree hell be ok.

Think Rhyan slides inside if Myers is hurt this year. And with telfort/dillard/morgan i think were totally fine at backup across the board.

I dont add anyone to our OL room weve got a 

Totally agree with you.  Rhyan gets first crack at center, if Myers goes out.  Morgan/Jenkins/Monk at guard positions.  I'm more than okay with Monk as a backup guard, or IOL.  I'm very much okay with our tackles, too.

I also don't feel like, in time, that Monk isn't just as good at Myers, or even better, but they are not the same kind of player right now.  Myers is a massive man who can really move.  I don't know what is keeping him from breaking through to be an upper level starter at C.

I wouldn't deal anyone right now, but if we were to be looking to add somewhere, for me I don't see OL as a priority. 

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Totally agree with you.  Rhyan gets first crack at center, if Myers goes out.  Morgan/Jenkins/Monk at guard positions.  I'm more than okay with Monk as a backup guard, or IOL.  I'm very much okay with our tackles, too.

I also don't feel like, in time, that Monk isn't just as good at Myers, or even better, but they are not the same kind of player right now.  Myers is a massive man who can really move.  I don't know what is keeping him from breaking through to be an upper level starter at C.

I wouldn't deal anyone right now, but if we were to be looking to add somewhere, for me I don't see OL as a priority. 

Yeah same page for sure.

Its just the inconsistency with Myers, same tech problems hes been dealin with. Shouldve been whooped out of him by now. Probably is what it is at this point.

That said it's a problem i can live with at the right price. Theres a reason he could start as a rookie and played on teams with super bowl aspirations, except 1 year maybe, and he hasnt regressed by any means. You cant point to him at the end of the year and say hes why we didnt go further. For some reason now you cant win with him. (Ranting now. Not saying its something youve said, just railing against the ever present narrative on Myers)

53 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Negative. MLF didn't divulge any information on Monday. 

Yep. Wednesday is when they have to officially report injuries and I’m fine with coaches, staff and players keeping mum on it until required. 

18 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

News on serious injuries tends to leak out pretty quick, so hopefully the lack of news on Morgan is a good sign.

Well they just put Lloyd on IR and not Morgan so I would assume that is a good sign that Morgan's injury wasn't IR-worthy. 

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Yeah same page for sure.

Its just the inconsistency with Myers, same tech problems hes been dealin with. Shouldve been whooped out of him by now. Probably is what it is at this point.

That said it's a problem i can live with at the right price. Theres a reason he could start as a rookie and played on teams with super bowl aspirations, except 1 year maybe, and he hasnt regressed by any means. You cant point to him at the end of the year and say hes why we didnt go further. For some reason now you cant win with him. (Ranting now. Not saying its something youve said, just railing against the ever present narrative on Myers)

Speaking only for myself, I remember that draft and that he would be a fine center or a very good guard.  We took him a round too early in my book.  Then I saw how he moved for such a large man and had to agree that yeah, if we wanted him, he probably would not have been there with our third round pick.  

While I would rather have Humphrey now....I also would rather have had him at that time.  But, I also wasn't pounding the table for him either, so it is what it is.

It's strange to me how Myers just hasn't gotten much better.  It really is all there, except for consistency, as you stated.

5 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Quay was the 2nd best player on the defense last year behind Clark. 

Stop engaging with Statking.  Give Quay a few games to play with Cooper and Get Clark to start playing well.

I want whatever you are smoking if you thought Quay was our 2nd best defensive player last year. There isn't a single stat you can point to that supports that argument. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Not speaking for you, but.....

I don't feel like we could use much help there.  The best help we can get is on the bench with Monk and/or Morgan (depending if you label Morgan a starter).

I think reps with Monk is all he really needs.  And I still feel like Dillard can function as a swing tackle in this offense if he had to.

But maybe I'm just feeling a little more optimistic today.

In the big picture, though, we are 2 games into a new system.  It's a long season.  No reason to trade anybody right now because of a knee jerk reaction to two weeks.  Though admittedly, Nixon's history isn't helping his cause.  Have to feel like there's no value in him with the new kickoff rule and his tape on defense.

And while I think that LVN needs more EDGE snaps and those could come from Enagbare, I do like the DE/EDGE depth that we have.  And again, it's a long season.

I was thinking a back up T or especially G. If Morgan is out a while, we're kind of thin there.