Week 3 Packers at Titans - Beware the Desperate Team in Nashville

Well, I'm ready to start looking ahead to this next week.

I am still assuming at this point that Love will remain sidelined for this one, especially since we got the W without him which may lessen the urgency to bring him back a little.

Different opponent here in the Titans than what we had in the Colts.

I felt reasonably confident this last week that a run it down their throat approach could work well if implemented right.  I feel like this week Willis is going to have to be able to throw the ball more as I expect him to be dealing with more longer down and distance situations than he was this last game.

Other thing is while it does seem the Titans are unable to cross the 17 point threshold, they seem to generate enough offense to consistently get there, and in this game with our confident and efficient but still limited offense, that 17-20 point range might be enough for them.

The Pros For This Game:

1. LaFleur probably opens up the playbook with a few more passes with Malik Willis becoming more familiar with the offense and earning his trust

2. Will Levis has proven to be turnover prone at times during games, and if our defense is opportunistic again like it was yesterday, we very well might make him pay for those

3. Their special teams actually looks worse than ours, although they may have used up their blocked punts for a while

The Cons:

1. They know Willis's tendencies and are likely to know what might make him uncomfortable when throwing

2. Mistakes like Jacobs' fumble and the dumb penalties last week didn't end up mattering then, but they might in this one

3. While Levis can be mistake prone, he also sometimes pulls a magic escape out of his hat and pulls a surprise that way

4. Narveson might not be able to afford missing a kick this time

5. We still have yet to win a single solitary game in Nashville yet

Man, Titans are one of those teams that I know for sure if we had them in Lambeau in December with Love playing, we would do to them what the Cardinals and Saints have been doing to their opponents.  Unfortunately right now in September with us having to play more run first and clock control style football with more limited points on the board, it's much more of a 50-50 game with less room for error.  We can win, but it's going to be very tight.

I was one of the ones in the game day topic stating I wasn't shocked MLF was trying to keep it simple and vanilla for the first start. We didn't need to use screens and end arounds and play actions. This week? I think we throw some more stuff at them. I trust MLF to have a solid game plan. This will not be a walk in the park, but if this team plays together and complimentary like it did yesterday we should be able to get a W.

56 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I was one of the ones in the game day topic stating I wasn't shocked MLF was trying to keep it simple and vanilla for the first start. We didn't need to use screens and end arounds and play actions. This week? I think we throw some more stuff at them. I trust MLF to have a solid game plan. This will not be a walk in the park, but if this team plays together and complimentary like it did yesterday we should be able to get a W.

In the last game, I was waiting for us to run some play action seam routes.  They were there.  We just didn't run much of them, or really throw that way.

It's almost like MLF was playing 3d chess versus checkers.  He may be playing the long game and putting in a passing offense this week off of the run looks from last week.

Wouldn't put it by that sneaky sob.  

• Like 1

Just now, vegas492 said:

In the last game, I was waiting for us to run some play action seam routes.  They were there.  We just didn't run much of them, or really throw that way.

It's almost like MLF was playing 3d chess versus checkers.  He may be playing the long game and putting in a passing offense this week off of the run looks from last week.

Wouldn't put it by that sneaky sob.  

That's kind of what I was thinking too. I think he learned a lot from Love's start in KC years ago. Game one, keep it simple, build confidence, and don't empty everything for film. This is to get by for a stretch, not a season. I can't wait to see what he does this week. 

• Like 1

Just now, Toddfather said:

That's kind of what I was thinking too. I think he learned a lot from Love's start in KC years ago. Game one, keep it simple, build confidence, and don't empty everything for film. This is to get by for a stretch, not a season. I can't wait to see what he does this week. 

LOL.  Not often I get to like a comment and then say that I hope to never see what Willis can do ever again!!!  :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

LOL.  Not often I get to like a comment and then say that I hope to never see what Willis can do ever again!!!  :)

lol, I was speaking more on MLF's game planning. I really love what he is becoming post Rodgers. 

• Like 1

I don’t think TEN is a good team but they’re physical and playing at home trying to avoid 0-3. I think we better be ready for a fight and don’t expect this game, or most games, to be able to run like we did vs. IND. really would be nice to have QB1 for this one but if there is any chance of reaggravating the injury or not being mobile enough for live reps, he needs to sit. I expect a tough game on a hot day. 

• Like 2