Week 3: Eagles @ Saints - We Suck Again

Was really great to see the defense ball out. They legit won the game for us and I cant remember the last game they shut down an opponent like that, maybe 2022. The Oline played their *** off and the backups came in and played great. Stoutland U is still strong. Saquon is the best player on this team whose name isnt AJ Brown. So far he has been a big hit for Howie, although he may be the only hit lol.

Nothing for me changes though despite the outcome of this game. I still do not believe that Sirianni and Hurts can lead this team to a superbowl victory. Until Sirianni is nowhere to be found or heard from, and until Hurts stops turning the ball over, then we're just inevitably destined to lose.

18 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'd say I agree with the analysis above but I'm sure He too must be a Homer! 

2) Right, let's get to the interception. The middle of the field is wide open, and DeVonta Smith has the ability to go both inside or outside one-on-one vs. a safety. Tyrann Mathieu is excellent, but you expect Smith to win this matchup. I don't hate the decision at all from Hurts but Smith slips and runs a pretty awful route (likely due to the slip). Maybe I'm generous but I would have this as unfortunate rather than a QB error

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

Was really great to see the defense ball out. They legit won the game for us and I cant remember the last game they shut down an opponent like that, maybe 2022. The Oline played their *** off and the backups came in and played great. Stoutland U is still strong. Saquon is the best player on this team whose name isnt AJ Brown. So far he has been a big hit for Howie, although he may be the only hit lol.

Nothing for me changes though despite the outcome of this game. I still do not believe that Sirianni and Hurts can lead this team to a superbowl victory. Until Sirianni is nowhere to be found or heard from, and until Hurts stops turning the ball over, then we're just inevitably destined to lose.

I don’t remember really shutting anyone down in 2022

i remember holding people to low scoring but it always felt like bad QBs and a great pass rush 

I could be misremembering but that’s how I remember it

that game felt like something I haven’t seen since maybe JJ. There’s probably some of those in 2017 that I’m just not remembering as well

1 minute ago, Last Stand said:

i remember holding people to low scoring but it always felt like bad QBs and a great pass rush 

that game felt like something I haven’t seen since maybe JJ. There’s probably some of those in 2017 that I’m just not remembering as well

I think the Tennessee game was one of those IIRC.

But often times, we dominated the first half, then slept through the third quarter, allowed the opposing team back in the game and then sat on the ball for the 4th quarter.  

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

we had the easiest strength of schedule in 2022, and played multiple teams that were not only crap, but forced to start backup QB's that made them even crappier.

8 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Come on, Nabbs. At this point just own it. 

I do! Just find it funny an Analyst actually agreed with my observation of those specific plays as well? 🤷‍♂️

I mean I'm being called a Homer, Jalen Apologist , Matts 2.0  because it doesn't coincide with several of  "your" beliefs on those specific plays. Yet, I'm supposed to just STFU , agree Hurts sucks, and deal?

Maybe you all should Own it as well? Whether you agree with the analysis or not?

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

I do! Just find it funny an Analyst actually agreed with my observation of those specific plays as well? 🤷‍♂️

I mean I'm being called a Homer, Jalen Apologist , Matts 2.0  because it doesn't coincide with several of  "your" beliefs on those specific plays. Yet, I'm supposed to just STFU , agree Hurts sucks, and deal?

Maybe you all should Own it as well? Whether you agree with the analysis or not?

Anyone saying that INT was just a terrible, awful throw that is all on Jalen Hurts is not honest. But you can't really have honest discussions about Hurts at this point. People have made up their mind on him and are going to stick to their beliefs. Whatever.

That said I personally would rather see Jalen take less of these risks. He has taken chances on tight window throws this year and already gotten burned twice with a WR slipping. The offense should be good enough where we don't need to make these kinds of throws all the time. We gotta stop giving the ball away, especially in the red zone.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

^^^ AZ, I'm 100% in agreement with what's written above,  truly!

It would be awesome to see Hurts go back to the QB in 21/22' that simply didn't take risks. Played game manager, didn't think he needed to carry this team. Didn't play hero ball thinking he had to!!!

His downfall is just like every other supposed FQB out there though.. They know they can make that play, so they attempt to do it regardless if it's the smart thing to do or not. 

Pat does it, Josh does it, Joe does it, Lamar does it. However unlike those QB's when a mistake is made, it's magnified 10 fold, because it's Jalen Hurts. 

We are going into a TB game most likely down our top 3 WR's at this point in AJ, Smitty, Covey!

One would hope Pounding the rock, utilizing Goedert and I guess Dotson.....🤷‍♂️ would be the game plan but watch Kellen Moore come out and try to outsmart the world and call 50 pass plays, even in a potentially close game with limited weapons?

If this was 2022 and Shane Stiechen,  this TB game would be a Packers 2.0 type approach.  Run the ball 40+ GD times, eat clock, run it until you as a defense could stop it! Get to the Bye and 🙏 people got healthy! I Doubt any of that occurs,  Guess we'll see? 

Edited by Nabbs4u

12 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I mean I do own that I'm the anti-homer of this forum or one of the few, but if you mean that I'm anti-Hurts you would be mistaken. I wouldn't have his jersey if I was. 

But I call the things as they are and try not to hold double standards for my team with things I would criticize/mock from rival teams and I've called that practice in here more than once. 

Right now, Hurts doesn't get the "credit for completing a crossing route short of the sticks", because his mistakes are breaking this team right now, he's being paid way too much for having him "he plays well despite the turnovers". And most of all he doesn't get the "he wasn't turning the ball over in training camp". 

You can look my post from two weeks ago in which I said I believe he has it in him to be better. But it has been a very long stretch of suspect play at best from him, not even accounting for 2021. So the conversation is more than granted. The problem is, you have a very difficult time being critical of the Eagles and the FQB in turn, and has been the case forever. Even to the point of blaming the fans for "complaining" instead of the team for causing it. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

^^^ AZ, I'm 100% in agreement with what's written above,  truly!

It would be awesome to see Hurts go back to the QB in 21/22' that simply didn't take risks. Played game manager, didn't think he needed to carry this team. Didn't play hero ball thinking he had to!!!

His downfall is just like every other supposed FQB out there though.. They know they can make that play, so they attempt to do it regardless if it's the smart thing to do or not. 

Pat does it, Josh does it, Joe does it, Lamar does it. However unlike those QB's when a mistake is made, it's magnified 10 fold, because it's Jalen Hurts. 

We are going into a TB game most likely down our top 3 WR's at this point in AJ, Smitty, Covey!

One would hope Pounding the rock, utilizing Goedert and I guess Dotson.....🤷‍♂️ would be the game plan but watch Kellen Moore come out and try to outsmart the world and call 50 pass plays, even in a potentially close game with limited weapons?

If this was 2022 and Shane Stiechen,  this TB game would be a Packers 2.0 type approach.  Run the ball 40+ GD times, eat clock, run it until you as a defense could stop it! Get to the Bye and 🙏 people got healthy! I Doubt any of that occurs,  Guess we'll see? 

No it's magnified 10 gold because Hurts isn't nearly as good as those guys to make up for those mistakes.  None of those guys are operating with a top 3 OL, top 10 WR(arguably top 5), top 20 WR, top 2 RB, and top 4-8ish TE.  Could you imagine if those guys got to work with everything Hurts has been given?  Those guys would never lose a game.

Not sure why it wasn't penalized in the first place when it was clear forward progress was completed several seconds earlier. 

New Orleans Saints defensive lineman Khristian Boyd has been fined $4,600 (0.58% of his base salary this year) for his hit on DeVonta Smith that caused the Philadelphia Eagles’ star wide receiver to leave the game with a concussion.

Edited by Nabbs4u

On 9/25/2024 at 8:03 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Not sure why it wasn't penalized in the first place when it was clear forward progress was completed several seconds earlier. 

New Orleans Saints defensive lineman Khristian Boyd has been fined $4,600 (0.58% of his base salary this year) for his hit on DeVonta Smith that caused the Philadelphia Eagles’ star wide receiver to leave the game with a concussion.

Cause the whistle hadn’t been blown

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Cause the whistle hadn’t been blown

Yep.  A lot of this is on the refs.  Still should've been 2 flags  regardless 1 for the initial hit from behind and DEFINITELY for the one with him laying on the ground with his helmet off.  That should've resulted in an ejection and suspension.