Week 3: Eagles @ Saints - We Suck Again

Well it's like they said. You have to earn the right to rush the passer. 

Constantly getting gashed on the ground for 5-6Yds every attempt,  puts the defense in bad situations. Gives offenses the entire playbook.  

Until we stop the run, we will struggle! You can't give up 160yds a gm on the ground and expect to consistently win in the NFL on most weeks.

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, Last Stand said:

Watching USC not respect Orji to beat them, I can’t believe at no point did fangio say we’re manning up, no more zone, blitzing and begging Kirk to beat us down the field

crazy that adjustment was never made

I mean the 1 time Fangio dialed up a man 0 call Cousins threw a TD pass on them so...idk.  Defense has to be better against the run before we have any delusions of this team winning games.

Just read an article on The Athletic.

Except for Cousins 2 kneel downs to end the game, the Falcons ran 11 personnel on every play.

The game has passed Fangio, and he has no idea how to defend the modern NFL offense.

Not his fault though.  It is a flawed organizational philosophy.

1 hour ago, CasperX22 said:

I mean the 1 time Fangio dialed up a man 0 call Cousins threw a TD pass on them so...idk.  Defense has to be better against the run before we have any delusions of this team winning games.

That was once they got momentum and rhythm 

to start the game Kirk cousins was jittery and uncomfortable had they blitzed we would’ve seen a different performance

23 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Just read an article on The Athletic.

Except for Cousins 2 kneel downs to end the game, the Falcons ran 11 personnel on every play.

The game has passed Fangio, and he has no idea how to defend the modern NFL offense.

Not his fault though.  It is a flawed organizational philosophy.

Hypothetically

if the game has passed Vic fangio by (I’m not totally convinced it has)

but let’s just say

the game has passed Vic fangio by

wouldnt that literally make it his fault?

To think. Before going full Jim Schwartz Prevent on that last game losing drive with no time outs in a mere 1:07. Fangio's Defense only gave up 15pts in the first 46 minutes of the game? Despite that 11 personnel and his players complete lack of ability and or desire to tackle on defense?

Thank god he apparently knows what to do with the RZ Defense and that's nothing like years, yet?

Edited by Nabbs4u

Curious what effect Taysom Hill being out might have on the Saints offense? He's not great at anything but as a Swiss Army Knife, Defenses have no idea where he will line up on any given play?  RB, FB, TE, QB?

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Should’ve figured he wouldn’t miss the game against his old team…

Happy he's playing but he's really not been very good. But probably better than whoever would be replacing him. Looking forward to when Sydney Brown returns. Excited to see how he's integrated into the D.

35 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Happy he's playing but he's really not been very good. But probably better than whoever would be replacing him. Looking forward to when Sydney Brown returns. Excited to see how he's integrated into the D.

Oh yeah I’m not hype or anything cause he’s playing. He has 5 missed tackles in 2 games and other coverage mishaps.

As far as Sydney I could see them working him in on early downs at the nickel. Him or DeJean would help a lot with run fits from the slot.

• Like 1