Week 3: Eagles @ Saints - We Suck Again

1 minute ago, Last Stand said:

Yeah I want to like him, in fact I do like the person

but I feel like my team has a disadvantage

Because even that 9/10 is not good enough. It’s not like Josh Allen where that 9/10 is superstar stuff

i agree. he's basically josh allen without the ability to drop an off platform 65 yard pass while falling. which is what makes josh allen's mistakes excusable

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Just needs to protect the football. I can live with the play if he doesn’t kill us. Very few QBs are actually good in the NFL nowadays. But if he turns the ball over like this you just can’t win. It has to stop or he caps this team. 

Yeah i said it earlier. I’d be fine with an expensive game manager, I’d be over the moon if he played like Brock purdy 

with saquon this is more true than ever

hes not good enough to make the turnovers worth it.

its like when Carson’s back and legs gave out. He wasn’t good enough for those mistakes to be overshadowed 

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Just needs to protect the football. I can live with the play if he doesn’t kill us. Very few QBs are actually good in the NFL nowadays. But if he turns the ball over like this you just can’t win. It has to stop or he caps this team. 

Yeah i said it earlier. I’d be fine with an expensive game manager, I’d be over the moon if he played like Brock purdy 

its like when Carson’s back and legs gave out. He wasn’t good enough for those mistakes to be overshadowed 

2021 style game plan gives him less opportunities to make those backbreaking plays.

Just now, CasperX22 said:

2021 style game plan gives him less opportunities to make those backbreaking plays.

I’m completely fine with running the ball as the main plan of attack. Make it easier for Hurts. That is what Steichen was good at. He is a big momentum player. If he is seeing it well he does good things. When he gets in his head he gets lost and forces. 

5 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

i agree. he's basically josh allen without the ability to drop an off platform 65 yard pass while falling. which is what makes josh allen's mistakes excusable

I prefer intelligent football, 10 times out of 10

but if im going to have a mistake filled guy I at least want a cool player that feels like he can blow up the score board

13 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I’m completely fine with running the ball as the main plan of attack. Make it easier for Hurts. That is what Steichen was good at. He is a big momentum player. If he is seeing it well he does good things. When he gets in his head he gets lost and forces. 

This team is ironically built for power.  Our personnel is not all that different from a team like the 49ers or Lions.  By all means if teams are keying on the run throw the ball and let your guys win 1-1 matchups, but we're a power team and need to start acting like it.  Passing league be damned.

Just now, CasperX22 said:

This team is ironically built for power.  Our personnel is not all that different from a team like the 49ers or Lions.  By all means if teams are keying on the run throw the ball and let your guys win 1-1 matchups, but we're a power team and need to start acting like it.  Passing league be damned.

It’s no longer a passing league

the league is going the opposite direction 

eb and flow

league got small to deal with 11 personnel and the spread

offenses are now combating by running the ball between the tackles

passing is down significantly across the league

and now no one can stop the run lol

Said this before but this win was more encouraging than most of the wins last year. The Eagles utterly dominated the Saints today. The team who played better, and the team who deserved to win, won. This team should be 3-0, as they have markedly outplayed their opponents as a whole. But I'll take 2-1 in the NFL. That defense just might have had a fire lit under their *****. It's encouraging. Hopefully Smitty, Lane, Mekhi and Slay are able to play next week. Possibly get AJ back. And go healthy into TB. If this team stops shooting themselves in the knee with horrible coaching and quarterback decisions along with penalties, then they can go some places. Just need to see some progress and learning in these problem areas. They're correctable. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Said this before but this win was more encouraging than most of the wins last year. The Eagles utterly dominated the Saints today. The team who played better, and the team who deserved to win, won. This team should be 3-0, as they have markedly outplayed their opponents as a whole. But I'll take 2-1 in the NFL. That defense just might have had a fire lit under their *****. It's encouraging. Hopefully Smitty, Lane, Mekhi and Slay are able to play next week. Possibly get AJ back. And go healthy into TB. If this team stops shooting themselves in the knee with horrible coaching and quarterback decisions along with penalties, then they can go some places. Just need to see some progress and learning in these problem areas. They're correctable. 

Cue up the Keurig tomorrow!!!

14 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

It’s no longer a passing league

the league is going the opposite direction 

eb and flow

league got small to deal with 11 personnel and the spread

offenses are now combating by running the ball between the tackles

passing is down significantly across the league

and now no one can stop the run lol

NFL runs in cycles. Always has. 

Running the ball isn't sexy. Long time consuming drives don't excite fans like the chunk long TD plays. 

For decades that was how football games were won and lost. Run the ball, utilizing play action, play great defense.  

Today outside of the 2 TO's, Eagles did all 3 of those things. 

Sad though that Sirianni's Stupidity again almost cost us a win. If we kick the 2 FG's instead of going for it on 4th down, that last game winning TD wasn't even needed. We left 9 easy gimme pts on the field. 12pts if we want to nitpick a 60yd FG attempt.  I won't.