2018 Opponents

JLambert58

Per Steelers Depot:

The Steelers five home game opponents outside the AFC North in 2018 will be against the Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers and the Patriots. The  Steelers five road games outside the AFC North will be against the Denver Broncos, New Orleans Saints, Oakland Raiders, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Jaguars.

Anyone who comes out to Denver, beers are on me.  

You know, I almost went to Pittsburgh for a game this year, but after their protests I decided they weren't getting a penny of my money.  IF I change my mind about the NFL by next season, I might make the trek out to Pittsburgh to finally see a home game (I'd go to the Panthers game so I can see Christian McCaffrey in person), or go to the Denver game since I've always wanted to see a game there as well since it's the closest AFC team to me aside from the Chiefs.  That's a tough one.  I almost went to the season opener in Denver a few years ago when Manning was there, but the tickets were astronomical.  Literally about 4-5 times as much money as what I'd spent for comparable tickets to see the Steelers play the Vikings in MN.  Now the tickets in MN are ridiculously expensive too thanks to the new stadium, for what it's worth.  

Lots can change between now and then though.  Denver might get a QB and be respectable again.  Injuries can happen to anyone.  Big Ben might retire making the Steelers a lower tier team (yes, they would be a lower tier team if they replace him with Landry Jones.....6-10 at best, especially without Shazier).  It will be interesting to see.

53 minutes ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

You know, I almost went to Pittsburgh for a game this year, but after their protests I decided they weren't getting a penny of my money.  IF I change my mind about the NFL by next season, I might make the trek out to Pittsburgh to finally see a home game (I'd go to the Panthers game so I can see Christian McCaffrey in person), or go to the Denver game since I've always wanted to see a game there as well since it's the closest AFC team to me aside from the Chiefs.  That's a tough one.  I almost went to the season opener in Denver a few years ago when Manning was there, but the tickets were astronomical.  Literally about 4-5 times as much money as what I'd spent for comparable tickets to see the Steelers play the Vikings in MN.  Now the tickets in MN are ridiculously expensive too thanks to the new stadium, for what it's worth.  

Lots can change between now and then though.  Denver might get a QB and be respectable again.  Injuries can happen to anyone.  Big Ben might retire making the Steelers a lower tier team (yes, they would be a lower tier team if they replace him with Landry Jones.....6-10 at best, especially without Shazier).  It will be interesting to see.

Would be nice to play a weakened Broncos team.  We've had bad luck there (here) in recent years.  Haven't seen them win since they beat down McDaniels' squad in 2009. 

Archived