GDT Week 3: (1-1) Cowboys v (0-2) Ravens

DaBoys

1 minute ago, BigD88 said:

Oh for sure and I’ve been yelling about the passing game first and foremost.

To your last point, that’s the biggest reason I really came in with low expectations this year. The decision to bring McCarthy back in the first place was baffling. And was just Jerry patting himself on the back for “being patient” as if he’s exercising wisdom instead of simply not understanding modern football and where the game is going. 

I was against retaining MM because if Quinn was leaving, it was time to reboot the staff. The team took off under MM when Quinn took over the defense. Losing half of that combination was not going to go well. But overall MM has been huge for this offense, and a big boost to Daks progression, especially in his ability to play both high and low on the same side of the field which is essential in the modern NFL.

But the odd playcallinbg tendencies, poor game/clock management, and how he scrapped a winning formula in the playoffs in favor of what looked like Kellen Moore's offense in that GB game coupled with losing half of the winning combo of MM and DQ, it was just time

And there were too many good coach candidates available - Callahan  who went to TEN, Shane Bowen the DC under Vrabel, Vrabel himself, Mike MacDonald and his #1 average in all category defenses over the last few seasons in B-more, even promoting DQ..

Well. Here's to Shedeur and Deion in February

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Northland said:

The sad reality is Dallas won't draft a QB in the next four years and will probably ride the Dak train again.

I'd be willing to bet you on that.

Investment or no investment. If this team is drafting high in the draft at any point under this Dak contract. Jerry is pulling that trigger. Especially if one of those options within reach of trade or available at their pick has the last name of Sanders or Manning. Jerry would never pass on bringing a name like that to Dallas.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

An all out blitz on Dak like hes a rookie

To be fair, they know that line can't buy him enough time to get the ball out. They telegraphed it knowing he would see it. But that no matter what he saw, he would be on his back before he could even get his second hand on the snap.

2 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

I'd be willing to bet you on that.

Investment or no investment. If this team is drafting high in the draft at any point under this Dak contract. Jerry is pulling that trigger. Especially if one of those options within reach of trade or available at their pick has the last name of Sanders or Manning. Jerry would never pass on bringing a name like that to Dallas.

Unless Sanders drops in the draft, the Boys will taking DT, RB, and WR early in the 2025 Draft. JJ will take the stance of wanting to build around Dak rather than looking for his replacement. In three years, the club may take a more serious look at Dak’s heir apparent.