GDT Week 3: (1-1) Cowboys v (0-2) Ravens

DaBoys

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

This is the highest(Dak) and the 8th highest(Lamar) paid players in the NFL. It’ll be interesting to see how well they perform compared to each other individually, and how well the cap boys have been able to build a team around such highly paid players. Both of these teams draft well, so that helps. Baltimore brings in guys like D. Henry and we bring in guys like Zeke. 

Since I missed a ton of Debate in reference to Dak and value and QB ability etc... throughout the years, I just want to make my belated stance On Dak, but the short version. 

1 - I feel Dak gets more blame from "some" than "others". (normal I guess) concerning things that are completely not his doing or out of his control.

2 - Think Dak is somewhere between "above average" and "very good" at QBing..

3 - Do think however he is way overpaid and certainly not anywhere near a player that should be paid like an All-time great (in any ERA) and his contract Definitely hurts the team overall.

4 - Jerry Jones and family absolutely F'ed that one up and literally it may be the biggest mistake made (contract etc..) since "letting" Jimmy Johnson Go. (  I have not drafting Randy Moss way up there as well) 

5 - Dak is still more than good enough to win a SB. But damn for sure "everything" better be damn good or close on this team/roster. And coaching perhaps more than everything. 

6 - I still believe the presence of the Jones family running or should I say Ruining this organization is still by far, the biggest detriment, to any postseason/SB success. 

*personally, I expect the same or similar results this year and going forward... Almost nothing changes..

Sorry for the longer post than I anticipated.

Dallas wins 50 - 0 

• Like 2

Honestly, at no point during the preseason did I ever look at this game and think it'd be a 1-1 Dallas vs. an 02 Baltimore.  And even with Baltimore being 0-2, I still don't like our chances going into this game.  After the absolute CLINIC Kubiak and Carr put on against Zimmer and our Defense, I'd be shocked if we can hold Lamar and Flowers to under 45 points.  And ain't no way Dak and Lamb going to keep up after the embarrassment that they have shown the last two weeks.  Kiss 12-4 and a first round exit goodbye - this is the end for McCarthy and a new regime will be in play for 2025

1 hour ago, MaddHatter said:

Honestly, at no point during the preseason did I ever look at this game and think it'd be a 1-1 Dallas vs. an 02 Baltimore.  And even with Baltimore being 0-2, I still don't like our chances going into this game.  After the absolute CLINIC Kubiak and Carr put on against Zimmer and our Defense, I'd be shocked if we can hold Lamar and Flowers to under 45 points.  And ain't no way Dak and Lamb going to keep up after the embarrassment that they have shown the last two weeks.  Kiss 12-4 and a first round exit goodbye - this is the end for McCarthy and a new regime will be in play for 2025

I mean...that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. But I'm not super confident the front office will land the right coach. 

Flores or Kubiak would be nice...

35 minutes ago, D82 said:

I mean...that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. But I'm not super confident the front office will land the right coach. 

Flores or Kubiak would be nice...

If it comes to this, they are going to be in total overhaul mode. They will have to find an OC and HC that can get the best out of Dak. With that contract, he isn’t going anywhere now. That will be the utmost importance going forward. That would be the 4th play caller Dak will have.

Gonna channel my inner Bill Parcells here, sometimes you going to have to find better ingredients if different Chefs keep coming up with the same crappy meal. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

You hear that? Zeke is just as good as Henry.

What a germ. It’s painful how ignorant Jerry is. He can eat ****. His comment towards the end of training camp that “nobody can run this ******* team better than me…” was pretty much the final straw. Not like I haven’t heard this rhetoric before, but his total defiance and lack of self awareness finally sent me over the edge. As if the GM spot wouldn’t have been a carousel the last 30 yrs had they a different last name. Make me vomit. 

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

What a germ. It’s painful how ignorant Jerry is. He can eat ****. His comment towards the end of training camp that “nobody can run this ******* team better than me…” was pretty much the final straw. Not like I haven’t heard this rhetoric before, but his total defiance and lack of self awareness finally sent me over the edge. As if the GM spot wouldn’t have been a carousel the last 30 yrs had they a different last name. Make me vomit. 

We need to do what the Lions fans did years ago when they boycotted Millen. Carry signs to get rid of JJ (which will promptly be removed), wear paper bags over heads. That kind of stupid s**t. Don't think it worked then, certainly won't work now.

At least us old farts have the 90's to remember.

11 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Y’all understand why it doesn’t matter who the Cowboys have at QB - right? It’s because they have an incompetent feeble-minded moron running the organization.

7 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Final straw? I had that a couple of years ago.. yet I got sucked back in.. like going through a straw. Well, my outlook is different this time around. No more internal grief or disappointment. I just lowered the expectations to Almost nothing.. Now I never get disappointed. 

13 hours ago, DaBoys said:

This really highlights the problem with Jerry Jones. …   He talks..   and he has zero care for what the fans thinks.  And his primary focus is not on are the cowboys the best team in football but I am the one in charge and when people talk about the cowboys they will also talk about me.

What makes this double sad is the reality of what he said is he didn’t come out and say Zeke “right” now is as good as Henry. He said Zeke has as much of a name or career (contempary) as Henry.
I don’t believe Jerry is feeble minded.  Yes he his incompetent if you want a team run like the 49ers. But. It in making money on a football team.  The second key is who is the most important person mentioned with the 49ers that is the coach. And Jerry always wants to be more important than the coach so there you go.  Thus Jerry does what he does makes sure the cowboys are reticent by having a team that can be thought of as superbowl contenders .. has some players with high name recognition but when push comes to shove he will not do what is needed to WIN over subjecting his ego.  Though I will say over the years he has slowly been better at releasing control to win then in the past but yes that point in win first is still years if not decades away.  
I have some hope post Jerry.  Stephan doesn’t seem to have the ego or the football background that Jerry did so there is a chance of change.  

Edited by quiller

I’ve thought about this a lot

i personally don’t see a repeat of last week happening. 
In almost all of our total collapses over the past years I see a couple trends…

1 the team is way too confident coming in combined with the team being totally unprepared for see outcoached

2 the team gets behind quickly and the D looses it’s discipline 

3 the D does not play aggressively instead find themselves reacting and thus unable to match the other teams physical play 

4 the offense comes out very conservative and predictable 

I think the first three were evident in the last two losses plus our lack of a running game made our offense very predictable 

while 2-3-4 can all happen tomorrow night hope is Baltimore is very predictable in what they do and thus there is a chance our players are in fact ready   The style of Baltimore lends it self to our D being much more aggressive at the snap which can help   I also hope having Ferguson back will help convert those third and shorts we struggled with against NO

4 hours ago, D82 said:

Y’all understand why it doesn’t matter who the Cowboys have at QB - right? It’s because they have an incompetent feeble-minded moron running the organization.

That incompetent feeble-minded moron just made our current QB the highest paid player in NFL history. Jerry isn’t wrong about everything else and right about Dak. Isn’t Jerry doing everything Dak loyalists want him to do? The only thing they might change is they’d sign Dak sooner and probably longer. Maybe that would save us $7M in AAV. We could have brought in Henry instead of Zeke. They might help, but it’s not the wholesale changes necessary to build a competitive roster imo. 

I know I’m a bit progressive with my roster building approach, but I honestly think the best way to win in todays NFL is to have a talented QB on a 5 year(which means 1st round pick) rookie deal, and give him the keys to a Lamborghini of a depth chart. 

You ONLY give him a mega deal if he is a true Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning type QB. Which means, yes, most QBs wont get a 2nd deal.  If he is good but not great you trade him to a desperate organization at the end of his rookie deal for a draft pick and start over. You DON’T sign him to a mega deal. That’s the worst thing a franchise can do.