Week 17: Play or rest?

pwny

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I’m saying rest.

i don’t want to play the Chargers and I’m sure most of the guys on this team could use the rest. 

Not going to let 1 game change my mind about this team/D. We haven’t lost two games in a row this season. We always bounce back after a W.

Of course not. But I don't want that to be the last game until the playoffs.

I'm not worried about this team. This is the first time the wheels have fallen off/huge turnover problems. We'll be fine. If a guy isn't in great shape than sure, rest them. But rest them to rest them? Too young of a team that has to get back on track after a very undisciplined outing imo.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I don't think a loss gets him fired tbh.

it's not a given, certainly, but it makes the case stronger. a win means he gets to point to "improvement" from last year, despite regression on nearly every front.

1 hour ago, Zappaz said:

Definitely play, show this past game was a fluke! Then my Chargers can get some payback from earlier this year!!! GO CHARGERS!!!

I mean, it's week 16. W aren't a team that has shown to be unhinged and undisciplined or turnover happy. Games like that are going to happen once in a while. I'm really not worried. The fact we kept coming back even with all these things happening and nearly got a comeback win is shocking to me. We wanted to see Blake be able to show he can come back from large deficits and he showed it today. I'll take that as a big positive even if we didn't win.

Just now, -Hope- said:

it's not a given, certainly, but it makes the case stronger. a win means he gets to point to "improvement" from last year, despite regression on nearly every front.

For sure.

Guess if I'm you though, there's no way I'm hoping to not get into the dance unless it's a certainty. Not with our history the past decade. Playoff appearances have been pretty non-existent. If I knew he'd get fired with a loss and hated him like you it'd be something you have to think about somewhat but...

Just too difficult to get there year in and year out. Plus, with the Jaguars not being a cellar dweller anymore, and Houston look seriously competent with Watson prior to the injury, the division should be quite competitive for a while.

From an outside perspective, rest. Technically you're still alive for a first round bye, but the Steelers aren't going to lose week 16 to Houston and week 17 to the Browns.

I'd rather face Tennessee than Buffalo or especially Los Angeles. Tennessee is not a good team by any means, let them have week 17 at their place, rest your starters, and then throttle them in the wild card.

Archived