Cleveland Browns Draft Scenarios

Shylo3716

11 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Here's a scenario I toyed with... 

John Dorsey (who I know was the catalyst in getting Mahomes to KC) makes a big trade for Pat Mahomes, who will be auditioning this week. 

Andy Reid is an Alex Smith loyalist, Smith has proven to be an elite QB this year, get more firepower and compete for championships the next 3 years. Can always draft another developmental QB with the picks that would come the Chiefs way... 

I do like the creativity of this idea, but your'e not suggesting the #1 overall pick are you? 

12 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I do like the creativity of this idea, but your'e not suggesting the #1 overall pick are you? 

I mean, the Browns have a lot of picks to toy with. Also, if Dorsey believes Pat Mahomes is better than any QB in this draft, would you put it past him to offer the #1 pick when he will have the 4th/5th at his disposal AND traded two 1's and a 3rd for the guy last year?

I still believe, as much as I don't like taking RB's in the first round, the best thing Cleveland could do is draft their QB if they can't land Smith or Cousins, and then go Barkley. If Ridley falls at all, trade up with all your assets to go get him. This offense just has to improve. The line is "there", and defense is good enough to win some games if this offense could just put up some points.

QB: Darnold/Rosen

RB: Barkley, Johnson

WR: Gordon, Coleman, Ridley

TE: Njuko

An offense should be able to produce even in year 1. If you are not, you have something far else wrong, whether it is coaching, or the players just don't want to try.

Spend that F/A money on defense.

On 12/24/2017 at 8:10 PM, lod01 said:

This is a way better idea. They just had Lamar Jackson v1 last year and saw how bad he sucked. If you can't pass the ball and have to rely on your legs as a QB, you are an injury waiting to happen. At 6-2 210 or so, he's going to be destroyed if he tries running like he did in college and he sucks at passing the ball. That's a recipe for failure at the NFL level.

Any more predictions? 

I might get blasted for saying this. But if I was coach that was confident in my abilities to rebuild and take a team all the way. The Browns would be a wet dream for me with the talent they have already drafted the last 2 years not to mention all those draft picks. 

On 12/25/2017 at 2:25 AM, rdelaney89 said:

IMO here is what happens: Darnold and Rosen both come out but neither wants to play for the Browns. The Browns will trade with another top 10 team (Broncos at #7 or the Jets at #8) and select one of Allen/Mayfield/Jackson with the Texans #4 pick. If they decide to stay at #1 and Rosen and Darnold don't want to play for them then they could return to school or be forced to pick one of Allen/Mayfield/Jackson anyway. IMO it would benefit the 2 QBs and the Browns to trade down if in fact neither kid wants to play for them.

I think Darnold just came out in a interview saying he would have no problem to go to the Browns and would be proud of it making it on any nfl team that wants him.  I thought that was a very impressive thing to do and i like his skill and talent enough to take him over Rosen just for that.  To me that shows better leader and respect traits that my other players would get behind and follow hopefully.  

3 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

I think Darnold just came out in a interview saying he would have no problem to go to the Browns and would be proud of it making it on any nfl team that wants him.  I thought that was a very impressive thing to do and i like his skill and talent enough to take him over Rosen just for that.  To me that shows better leader and respect traits that my other players would get behind and follow hopefully.  

Yup completely agree! I'd take Darnold over Rosen all day.

For once I ask this front office to not do anything and stay put. We are so deprived of premium talent the best thing we can do is stay put and use those picks. 

FA 

QB-McCarron/Keenum/Smith/Bortles

RB-Hyde/Rawls/McKinnon 

WR-Robinson/Lee/Laundry/Pryor/Watkins

Sign one of those guys in each category and it would be an A+

1. Sam Darnold QB

4. Saqon Barkley RB

33. Deshon Elliot FS/SS

35. Auden Tate WR 

58. Tarvarus McFadden CB 

65. Sam Hubbard DE

1 minute ago, bosko1616 said:

For once I ask this front office to not do anything and stay put. We are so deprived of premium talent the best thing we can do is stay put and use those picks. 

FA 

QB-McCarron/Keenum/Smith/Bortles

RB-Hyde/Rawls/McKinnon 

WR-Robinson/Lee/Laundry/Pryor/Watkins

Sign one of those guys in each category and it would be an A+

1. Sam Darnold QB

4. Saqon Barkley RB

33. Deshon Elliot FS/SS

35. Auden Tate WR 

58. Tarvarus McFadden CB 

65. Sam Hubbard DE

I would say start trading up with your 2nd and 3rd round picks 

The Browns are looking down the barrel of a pretty heavy QB draft. There's no way Dorsey doesn't take "his guy" first overall. Don't get me wrong, Cleveland is going to be a heavy spender in FA this year, but not at QB. Since Rosen hates The Browns (bummer) we're definitely going to draft one of these three guys at 1:

1. Darnold (if he comes out)

2. Mayfield (probably the pick)

3. Allen  (darkhorse/blow it all up pick)

I would prefer Darnold of the three, but Mayfield could be cool to watch. 

28 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I would say start trading up with your 2nd and 3rd round picks 

I thought about it but only if a player that truly is a difference maker falls. Like I know it’s hard to believe but I think Derwin James could fall and he would be an interesting guy to go and get in the back end of the first. Christian kirk,Guice,Ridley,Josh Jackson(late first) 

41 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

The Browns are looking down the barrel of a pretty heavy QB draft. There's no way Dorsey doesn't take "his guy" first overall. Don't get me wrong, Cleveland is going to be a heavy spender in FA this year, but not at QB. Since Rosen hates The Browns (bummer) we're definitely going to draft one of these three guys at 1:

1. Darnold (if he comes out)

2. Mayfield (probably the pick)

3. Allen  (darkhorse/blow it all up pick)

I would prefer Darnold of the three, but Mayfield could be cool to watch. 

If you take any QB besides Darnold at No.1. Im just gonna shake my head cause thats just dumb. 

1--Darnold QB

3/5--Barkley RB

2nd--Orlando Brown OT

2nd--Jaire Alexander CB

2nd--Quin Blanding FS

3rd--MJ Stewart CB

3rd--Braxton Berrios WR

(FREE AGENCY)

Elite slot WR like Jarvis Landry

Additional pass rusher or corner.

Assuming Darnold is a hit, this team would be nasty down the road. The Browns are a very good QB away from being a very good team. Anyone that has watched them this season would tell you that. Oh, and we need Gordon to stay healthy because our WR's outside of he and Coleman are hilarious to see on an NFL field. Our inept passing offense is the reason we haven't been able to win games. Our run game and defense have been more than serviceable despite the record.

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

I thought about it but only if a player that truly is a difference maker falls. Like I know it’s hard to believe but I think Derwin James could fall and he would be an interesting guy to go and get in the back end of the first. Christian kirk,Guice,Ridley,Josh Jackson(late first) 

Isn't that a chicken/egg scenario? Like if a true difference maker falls out of no where wouldnt the team just trade for him? His value would be higher than the pick if he is a difference maker but if he truly is one then he wouldnt fall to the 20s for no reason...

Archived