Cleveland Browns Draft Scenarios

Shylo3716

22 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Here's a scenario I toyed with... 

John Dorsey (who I know was the catalyst in getting Mahomes to KC) makes a big trade for Pat Mahomes, who will be auditioning this week. 

Andy Reid is an Alex Smith loyalist, Smith has proven to be an elite QB this year, get more firepower and compete for championships the next 3 years. Can always draft another developmental QB with the picks that would come the Chiefs way... 

As much of a loyalist as Reid might be, they drafted Mahomes to be their future guy and traded quite a bit to move up iirc. I'd be shocked if they would just trade him back unless they got the #1 pick but then they are sort of right back with what happened last year except with a different QB that has to learn the system. 

23 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Here's a scenario I toyed with... 

John Dorsey (who I know was the catalyst in getting Mahomes to KC) makes a big trade for Pat Mahomes, who will be auditioning this week. 

Andy Reid is an Alex Smith loyalist, Smith has proven to be an elite QB this year, get more firepower and compete for championships the next 3 years. Can always draft another developmental QB with the picks that would come the Chiefs way... 

Not going to happen.  Love the outside the box thinking, but you don't trade up and give up a significant haul and develop him for a year only to flip him a year later.  Mahomes will be the starting QB for the Chiefs in 2018 IMO.

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm not convinced they have a clue of who they are taking. Not a Browns thing just a process thing

Neither am I, just figured it was a rumor worth posting considering the thread topic. The only reason why things like this are worth monitoring is because John Dorsey wasn't working for an organization this year. I'll have to ask my buddy if John Dorsey was providing any consulting work (Scot McCloughan is a great example of this because he actually had a scouting business before becoming a GM, but some guys just offer scouting reports/advice as an independent contractor). If he was and had high reviews of Josh Allen, it would piece the puzzle together a little more. That said, I don't think it would suggest he'd definitely take Allen #1 overall... you can love a player but still not deem them worthy to take #1 overall. John Dorsey also understands that certain QBs need to be in the right situation where they're permitted to sit and grow (Aaron Rodgers, maybe Pat Mahomes) - and I'm not sure Cleveland allows for that opportunity. 

6 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Neither am I, just figured it was a rumor worth posting considering the thread topic. The only reason why things like this are worth monitoring is because John Dorsey wasn't working for an organization this year. I'll have to ask my buddy if John Dorsey was providing any consulting work (Scot McCloughan is a great example of this because he actually had a scouting business before becoming a GM, but some guys just offer scouting reports/advice as an independent contractor). If he was and had high reviews of Josh Allen, it would piece the puzzle together a little more. That said, I don't think it would suggest he'd definitely take Allen #1 overall... you can love a player but still not deem them worthy to take #1 overall. John Dorsey also understands that certain QBs need to be in the right situation where they're permitted to sit and grow (Aaron Rodgers, maybe Pat Mahomes) - and I'm not sure Cleveland allows for that opportunity. 

From my understanding he was scouting from his home. He knew he was going to get a GM job when the season ended.

I recently read a rumor that suggested the Browns were legit interested in Josh Allen at #1. Please, for the love of the holy dickens, do not draft him there. 

Barkley, Rosen or Darnold IMO should be the top pick (if all 3 come out). 

6 hours ago, 808 said:

I recently read a rumor that suggested the Browns were legit interested in Josh Allen at #1. Please, for the love of the holy dickens, do not draft him there. 

It's not true... there is absolutely 0% chance they take Allen at 1.

i read where the broncos have made preliminary calls about #1 for Rosen. We'd probably take Mayfield in that sort of scenario. Also contingent on if Darnold comes out.

On 12/24/2017 at 8:10 PM, lod01 said:

This is a way better idea. They just had Lamar Jackson v1 last year and saw how bad he sucked. If you can't pass the ball and have to rely on your legs as a QB, you are an injury waiting to happen. At 6-2 210 or so, he's going to be destroyed if he tries running like he did in college and he sucks at passing the ball. That's a recipe for failure at the NFL level.

Serious quesion...how much of Lamar Jackson have you actually watched? He doesn't suck at passing the ball at all...

On 12/29/2017 at 12:27 PM, 808 said:

I'm sure they will definitely draft Josh Allen, a man they have yet to interview or dissect at the combine.

Archived