Cleveland Browns Draft Scenarios

Shylo3716

I honestly don't think it would be crazy for CLE to throw 30M per season at Cousins, sign a vet WR, trade down from #1 (Say to BUF for 21, 25, their R2, 2019 R1) and go:

1.4 - Saquan Barkley RB - Penn St.

1.21 - Josh Jackson CB - Iowa

1.25 - Mike McGlinchey RT - Notre Dame

2.01 - Arden Key EDGE - Florida State

2.03 - Denzel Ward CB - Ohio State

2.21 - Leighton Vander Esch LB - Boise State

2.28 - Anthony Miller WR - Memphis

Mix the raw talent (Key, Ward, Esch) with 'close-to-shure things' (Barkley, Jackson, McGlinchey, Miller). The Cousins/Barkley combo would immediately be good for 4-5 wins IMO and the overall talent base of this team is way better than 0-16. I could see them going 6-10 the first year and jumping into the playoffs after that. Real talk, their 2017 draft was phenominal and will make huge leaps in 2018 with a NFL caliber QB behind the helm. Clevenand fans should be more excited than distraught even with the 0-16 season.

Sorry but you have to take Barkley at #1 in order to get him, IND will ****** him up if hes available. 

They need to sign teddy bridgewater and Jarvis Landry and add on defense, they got the $ to spend. 

then draft goes

Barkley at #1

Allen at #2 or trade down and get Allen later on

trade back up into the 1st for Key or Sutton

Hope jaire alexander is available in the 2nd. 

20 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Sorry but you have to take Barkley at #1 in order to get him, IND will ****** him up if hes available. 

They need to sign teddy bridgewater and Jarvis Landry and add on defense, they got the $ to spend. 

then draft goes

Barkley at #1

Allen at #2 or trade down and get Allen later on

trade back up into the 1st for Key or Sutton

Hope jaire alexander is available in the 2nd. 

I think that Sam Bradford is a realistic option for them or maybe even Alex Smith if he's release (both of whom I think are better than Cousins anyways).  I'm expecting Pat Shurmur to take Case Keemun with him to Arizona and Minnesota will likely resign Bridgewater.  Other teams will be very hesitant to sign Bridgewater with his medical issues.

1 minute ago, Kparty15 said:

I think that Sam Bradford is a realistic option for them or maybe even Alex Smith if he's release (both of whom I think are better than Cousins anyways).  I'm expecting Pat Shurmur to take Case Keemun with him to Arizona and Minnesota will likely resign Bridgewater.  Other teams will be very hesitant to sign Bridgewater with his medical issues.

If keenum takes them to the NFC Championship game MIN won't let him go. 

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

If keenum takes them to the NFC Championship game MIN won't let him go. 

That’s not true at all.  Bridgewater is our future at the position and we will consider keeping Keenum as well depending on how much money he wants.  Keenum is good, but he is also a product of all the talent around him.

1 hour ago, Kparty15 said:

That’s not true at all.  Bridgewater is our future at the position and we will consider keeping Keenum as well depending on how much money he wants.  Keenum is good, but he is also a product of all the talent around him.

Why wouldn't Minnesota have picked up TB's 5th year option if he was the future at the position for them? I know they can always resign him, but that option year wouldn't have cost them much at all. Now they will have to bid against other teams for him. 

1 hour ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Why wouldn't Minnesota have picked up TB's 5th year option if he was the future at the position for them? I know they can always resign him, but that option year wouldn't have cost them much at all. Now they will have to bid against other teams for him. 

They didn’t pick up his 5th year option because it was expensive and he had his serious injury and there was still uncertainty if he would ever play again.  5th year options are almost completely guaranteed...  even if he is injured.  Since his injury was so serious there was a chance that the 4th year of his contract would toll over to another year or that they could resign him for cheap.  Our Head Coach and General Manager are completely bought in to Bridgewater being the future of our franchise.  Keenum and Bradford are nice players, but Bridgewater is Mike Zimmer’s “Guy”.  As much as I like the Browns, Bridgewater would definitely choose to play for a perennial contender in the Vikings over a rebuilding team.

1 hour ago, Kparty15 said:

They didn’t pick up his 5th year option because it was expensive and he had his serious injury and there was still uncertainty if he would ever play again.  5th year options are almost completely guaranteed...  even if he is injured.  Since his injury was so serious there was a chance that the 4th year of his contract would toll over to another year or that they could resign him for cheap.  Our Head Coach and General Manager are completely bought in to Bridgewater being the future of our franchise.  Keenum and Bradford are nice players, but Bridgewater is Mike Zimmer’s “Guy”.  As much as I like the Browns, Bridgewater would definitely choose to play for a perennial contender in the Vikings over a rebuilding team.

I wasn't pandering for us to sign him. The estimated cost for his 5th year option was 12 million. I don't forsee any way he gets resigned for cheap. I also don't see any way his contract he does sign for is less than the 12 mil guaranteed he would have gotten. 

Archived