Vent Thread... RIP 2017

The_Slamman

This year will go down in the top 5 most frustrating season I can remember.  Let’s just count the ways…

The BS Zeke suspension

Rams game

Packers game

Seahawks game

the inexplicable and frankly shameful lack of defensive holding calls

Dak’s regression

rival’s progression

JG at his worst

scott Linehan who reverted to becoming JG at his worst.

ill just conclude with this... here’s my biggest vent.  It would not matter how effective the run game was going.  It would not matter how poorly Dak was playing.  You could set your watch to this phenomenon... after any first down run, we would go shotgun on second down and destroy the threat of running the ball.  Linehan has become my public enemy #1 which is sad because he literally saved JG from being public enemy #1 ever since he took over play calling duties.  

15 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well those games that people wanted us to win just hurt us immensely and our draft position.

Yes it did. I hoped Dallas would go 6-10 to finish out the year. 8-8 is the worst thing you can go in the NFL. Not good enough for the playoffs and not bad enough to get a game changing talent.

Linehan has got to go! 1st and Goal and to turn the ball over with zero points smfh! 

We cant continue to win games relying strictly on Bailey. We have to get into the end zone way more than what we have been. When a team wins and they have more penalty yardage than offensive yardage, you know your offense isn’t scoring points. There is no way they should be beating you. 

Garrett = Marvin Lewis 2.0 (told ya I was stealing it)

I'm so mad with this team right now. I can't get over the fact that this team blew an golden opportunity at success this year. The one year we have Sean Lee at the end of the year and Green Bay is out of the playoffs, Dallas embarrasses themselves. Zeke being gone hurt this team but those games against the Rams (where Dallas blew a double digit lead), the Packers (where Dallas gave up 20 points in the 4th quarter), the Falcons (where freaking Adrian Clayborn gets 6 sacks) will frustrate me for a long time. I am still at a lost for words how we lost to Seattle. They literally did nothing at all on offense yet still won the game.

Jason Garrett, Linehan, Marinelli and Wade Wilson needs to go

Dez Bryant needs to go 

Terrance Williams needs to go

Dak Prescott needs some serious competition next year. Draft a QB

3 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Dak took a shot at Dez.

Dak Prescott on his INT that went through hands of Dez Bryant: “I think I have to throw him a better ball. Just put it right there on his face mask and don’t give him a chance to drop it, I guess.”

He has no room to throw stones in that glass house.

We just need some changes of some sort. of what I don't know. But this just isn't working.

The Dallas Cowboys are very flawed. They're flawed in the front office, in the coaching staff, and on defense (although they by and large did their part tonight).

Tony Romo covered up for a whole lot of that. 

Dak isn't quite good enough to do that.

Both coordinators are woefully below average and bring no value-add to the current personnel. We never go into any game with a coaching/schematic advantage. FFS, the entire defense is built on giving up yardage, but banking on the opposition making a mistake or getting a penalty. Dak is fine and all, but he cannot put the offense on his shoulders and destroy the opposition in the chess game like a Romo could. Dez isn't what he once was. TWill is mediocre. And Zeke carving up a defense for 6 yards a pop is nice but you can't hand him the ball 40 times a game (although the goal line playcalling was utterly inexcusable). 

Bottomline, this team is flawed. Both coordinators are bad. The WRs need an overhaul. Dak will have growing pains. And we really need to be better at managing the cap instead of this constant restructuring crap. Instead of being like the Patriots and "cutting players penn year too early," constant restructuring has saddled us with bad contracts like Romo and Dez when we should be taking advantage of a starting QB on a rookie deal - and all the advantages that come along with it that got Seattle a Super Bowl a few years ago. 

Instead, we have to count pennies and wind up signing guys like Nolan Carroll instead of AJ Bouye.

I posted this in the other thread, but if/when we get lit up by Foles and the Eagles, isn't it obvious that Marinelli is the scapegoat? Garrett's been here 11 years and Linehan is his guy.

Nevermind that we're 6th in offensive spending and 26th in defensive spending for 2017 (currently 4th and 29th in 2018, respectively), and I'm not sure that the offense is still better than the defense.

I don't think our problem is that we live and die by Zeke, Lee, Tyron, Bailey, or any other one dude, or any combination thereof. I don't even think it's that we THINK it's those guys. I think the problem with the Cowboys, organizationally, is that deep down, they KNOW the presence/absence of Zeke/Lee/whoever doesn't affect their performance in big games against good teams... but they also know it's easy to convince themselves and their fans that that's case instead of making real institutional changes.

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

Yes it did. I hoped Dallas would go 6-10 to finish out the year. 8-8 is the worst thing you can go in the NFL. Not good enough for the playoffs and not bad enough to get a game changing talent.

Umm there are plenty of game changing talents that fall to the middle of the first. Gtfo out of here with that ish. 

23 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Dak took a shot at Dez.

Dak Prescott on his INT that went through hands of Dez Bryant: “I think I have to throw him a better ball. Just put it right there on his face mask and don’t give him a chance to drop it, I guess.”

THIS is probably a lot bigger than just today's game. THIS tells me that maybe Dez has been riding Dak a lot this season to throw him the ball, perhaps far more behind the scenes than anyone realizes. Dak might be hinting something along the lines that he is tired of hearing it. It should be another interesting offseason.

Man.....sigh.....I love the game of football. I've had Sunday ticket for 21 years just as an example. As much as I so badly want to just give it up. I mean that's how frustrated I am with this team. The owner, management in general, coaching, key players sucking donkey nuts at key points.

Not sure what to think about Dak. Sometimes I don't think he's the answer. Then other times, as good as our O-line is, he seems to be running for his life a lot this season.

And really, unless I missed it and I'm not referring to running plays. But hasn't it been like 9 games since we've had a offensive holding call on our pass rush. If so that's just unbelievable. Seriously, think about that. What the hell are the odds of that.

I'm just really torn. I love my Cowboys and football in general. I just really honestly don't know how much longer I can take this aggravation.

Seattle only gained 136 yards of offense today...

What a waste. You just know Lee and D-Law will get hurt next year and we'll go back to having a defense whose faults we can't overcome.

I just hope Philly runs over us to the point that the FO so muhch as briefly considers "You know what? Maybe we SHOULDN'T exclusively sign and draft under tackles built like defensive ends to play nose guard for us."

Archived