Vent Thread... RIP 2017

The_Slamman

4 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

THIS is probably a lot bigger than just today's game. THIS tells me that maybe Dez has been riding Dak a lot this season to throw him the ball, perhaps far more behind the scenes than anyone realizes. Dak might be hinting something along the lines that he is tired of hearing it. It should be another interesting offseason.

Seems out of character for Dak to throw teammates under the bus. Even if Dak meant to say he just needs to throw better passes, he needs to understand that fans and media are always going to over-analyze what he says.

11 hours ago, textaz03 said:

I know I'm the resident #1 Dez fan here, but I'm going to continue to call this stuff out when I see it. Not only is it flat out wrong, it's just straight up disrespectful. Even if he is fizzling out as a player, the sheer amount of hatred and insults that are hurled his way is actually disgusting. You don't see Witten treated like this even though he's clearly not the dominant player that he used to be. Honestly, what the hell is wrong with people..? 

2 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I know I'm the resident #1 Dez fan here, but I'm going to continue to call this stuff out when I see it. Not only is it flat out wrong, it's just straight up disrespectful. Even if he is fizzling out as a player, the sheer amount of hatred and insults that are hurled his way is actually disgusting. You don't see Witten treated like this even though he's clearly not the dominant player that he used to be. Honestly, what the hell is wrong with people..? 

Because Witten isn't demanding the ball. Witten is not in the prime of his career like Dez. And Witten still performed well after he got paid. What has Dez done since he got paid?

Hard to compare the two. I'm a huge Dez fan but he is not what he used to be.

1 minute ago, CAPJ said:

Because Witten isn't demanding the ball. Witten is not in the prime of his career like Dez. And Witten still performed well after he got paid. What has Dez done since he got paid?

Hard to compare the two. I'm a huge Dez fan but he is not what he used to be.

We don't know that Dez was "demanding" the ball though. We have absolutely no idea what is being said, and either way these "incidents" didn't even pop up very often what so ever, and they were always pretty mild in nature. As fans we can't just believe everything that comes out of a game announcers mouth. 

Its fine to think that he isn't what he used to be, but the childish insults and personal disrespect and disdain that go in his direction are absolutely beyond ridiculous, and also pretty shameful.

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

We don't know that Dez was "demanding" the ball though. We have absolutely no idea what is being said, and either way these "incidents" didn't even pop up very often what so ever, and they were always pretty mild in nature. As fans we can't just believe everything that comes out of a game announcers mouth. 

Its fine to think that he isn't what he used to be, but the childish insults and personal disrespect and disdain that go in his direction are absolutely beyond ridiculous, and also pretty shameful.

I forget what game it was but it was 2 or 3 games ago where he was clearly caught saying "get me the damn ball".

What childish insults? It's been mostly about his game. His route running has been sloppy, not getting separation, dropped passes etc. All very fair when evaluating his play.

I'm still only mildly concerned about Dak. He had a very rough second half of the season, but I'm not going to lose too much sleep over it unless it continues over into next season. At that point, you have a QB in his third year, with one very good year and two mediocre years. You can then look to make a change. But for now, you have a second year quarterback with more good than bad over the past two seasons at $550K. I'll hold off on finding a replacement for another season.

As for his comments about Dez, I really can't blame him. For as much as his receivers have cost him interceptions or big plays with drops, he always takes the blame. And for a supposedly elite receiver like Dez, who demands the ball more than anybody on the roster, those are catches he needs to make. I see nothing wrong with him holding his number one receiver accountable. And frankly, I believe Dez would be the first to tell you he expects to make those plays, and he was disappointed in those drops. It was very uncharacteristic, even if he does have the occasional focus drop.

56 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Name one we can use.

It’s early but I like Roquan, Nelson, and Ridley. I don’t know how I’d rank them (need to spend more time evaluating and see what Dallas does at those positions in free agency) but I would think at least one of those guys makes it to 15/16.

I think, picking no higher than 15th, you’re out of range for Minkah and the blue chip DLs. But anything beyond that is difficult to say with certainty with 4 months to go.

Archived