Vent Thread... RIP 2017

The_Slamman

12 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

It’s early but I like Roquan, Nelson, and Ridley. I don’t know how I’d rank them (need to spend more time evaluating and see what Dallas does at those positions in free agency) but I would think at least one of those guys makes it to 15/16.

I think, picking no higher than 15th, you’re out of range for Minkah and the blue chip DLs. But anything beyond that is difficult to say with certainty with 4 months to go.

Exactly. Even at 6-10 we are picking outside of the top 10. At 8-8, which we will most likely fall to after the Eagles game, will have us picking 16-19.

54 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

I forget what game it was but it was 2 or 3 games ago where he was clearly caught saying "get me the damn ball".

What childish insults? It's been mostly about his game. His route running has been sloppy, not getting separation, dropped passes etc. All very fair when evaluating his play.

I don't believe Dez ever said that. And like I said, critiquing his play is fair, though it's been massively beaten over the head as if every week there in a new revelation that he isn't producing like he has in the past. He also seems to take the brunt of the criticism, and he seems immune to any legitimate excuses. And yet, again, no one says one single thing about Witten. 

The disrespect is evident in the meme that I first quoted. There has been an insane amount of things of that nature.

Outside of the Cowboys, where is the criticism and disrespect towards Jordy Nelson? It's nonexistent.

14 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Exactly. Even at 6-10 we are picking outside of the top 10. At 8-8, which we will most likely fall to after the Eagles game, will have us picking 16-19.

At that position we would still be in a position for possibly for Derwin James or Arden Key. Or hell even Chubb.

15 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

At that position we would still be in a position for possibly for Derwin James or Arden Key. Or hell even Chubb.

We saw Hooker fall all the way from as high as #3 in mock drafts to #15 on draft day.

I think Derwin has a very wide range of possible landing spots at this point. Injuries and a lack of clear progression from him after his freshman year will work against him- although I think, much like Hooker, his floor is in the teens.

Key and Chubb- I agree, we probably can't get now. But I think DT is a bigger need area for this team than DE anyway. I'm actually pretty optimistic about Taco's progression, much more so than I expected to be- he's come a long way the last few weeks.

1 hour ago, CAPJ said:

I forget what game it was but it was 2 or 3 games ago where he was clearly caught saying "get me the damn ball".

What childish insults? It's been mostly about his game. His route running has been sloppy, not getting separation, dropped passes etc. All very fair when evaluating his play.

Top it off, 3 seasons without eclipsing 1000 yards mark, 21 games straight without eclipsing 100 yards mark. He is payed to perform as a premier #1 WR in this league and he is performing like an average #2 WR. Defenses don’t fear Dez anymore. He is struggling to beat 1 on 1 coverage, he can’t beat premier DB’s. When was the last time he took over a game? IMO he is paid to take over games. So I’d say the criticism toward Dez is very warranted. 

49 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

As we’ve seen most DEs take a few years to get up to par. A lot of guys didn’t just burst on the scene. Taco improved with play time. We have bigger needs than DE. Much bigger needs.

You mean we are gonna be able to hold on to both DLaw and Irving come payday? Otherwise we need to invest at a replacement even if Taco works out should worse comes to worse and besides having 3 studs at DE is not a bad thing. 

57 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

We saw Hooker fall all the way from as high as #3 in mock drafts to #15 on draft day.

I think Derwin has a very wide range of possible landing spots at this point. Injuries and a lack of clear progression from him after his freshman year will work against him- although I think, much like Hooker, his floor is in the teens.

Key and Chubb- I agree, we probably can't get now. But I think DT is a bigger need area for this team than DE anyway. I'm actually pretty optimistic about Taco's progression, much more so than I expected to be- he's come a long way the last few weeks.

If James falls all the way to the 20's then I hope we do make a trade with Buffalo for their 2 firsts. But otherwise I just dont see any of these guys being immediate impact players on defense like we want except for Raquon but to be honest about him I am actually worried about his size  at the NFL level and injuries we may see from him down the road. I mean if he was built like Evans then omg hell yes but he's not. 

39 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

You mean we are gonna be able to hold on to both DLaw and Irving come payday? Otherwise we need to invest at a replacement even if Taco works out should worse comes to worse and besides having 3 studs at DE is not a bad thing. 

Having 3 studs at DE is a huge boon for any team, I agree. That doesn’t necessarily make it a Round 1 priority though. It depends who’s there, but between Landry, Ejiofor, the OU and USC guys, you don’t think we could find a good player on Day 2?

Plus as good as I think he’d be on the edge, Irving is our 3-tech, so if you’re worried about paying him, I think you have to look at DTs.

On Roquan, I was just throwing him out there as a possibility with our depth and health issues at LB, but honestly, I have less qualms with our defense at this point than our offense. You don’t think Nelson or Ridley would make a difference for this team/be good picks mid-1st?

Dez and Dak are not a match made in heaven.  Dez and Romo were perfect together because Romo could throw back shoulder throws all day long.  Romo would see Dez in single coverage and deliver jump balls that were placed to Dez’s advantage.  That is NOT Dak.  Dak is not great at back shoulder throws and is uncomfortable making those throws.  Dak’s strength is in throwing slants into windows.  Written, Beasley and Williams all run better slants than Dez and Dak is much more comfortable throwing to those guys.  

IfDak is our future, we need to surround him to players that fit his skills.  TBH, no disrespect to Dez but he eats up way too much of the salary cap for what he gives us in this offense.  If Dez doesn’t take a major pay cut he’llbe Gone next year.  

29 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Dez and Dak are not a match made in heaven.  Dez and Romo were perfect together because Romo could throw back shoulder throws all day long.  Romo would see Dez in single coverage and deliver jump balls that were placed to Dez’s advantage.  That is NOT Dak.  Dak is not great at back shoulder throws and is uncomfortable making those throws.  Dak’s strength is in throwing slants into windows.  Written, Beasley and Williams all run better slants than Dez and Dak is much more comfortable throwing to those guys.  

IfDak is our future, we need to surround him to players that fit his skills.  TBH, no disrespect to Dez but he eats up way too much of the salary cap for what he gives us in this offense.  If Dez doesn’t take a major pay cut he’llbe Gone next year.  

*whispers* Calvin Ridley...

22 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Honest question. What would you trade Dez for and to who?

His trade value is nonexistent at this point... his contract is too high, his production is lacking, and his sideline blowups aren’t helping his cause.  It’s a straight cut and move on.

27 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

His trade value is nonexistent at this point... his contract is too high, his production is lacking, and his sideline blowups aren’t helping his cause.  It’s a straight cut and move on.

I don't think Dallas has the stones to cut the TD leader when he can *still* be a dominant player. 

Just a question, for those who have said that "Dak isn't as good as Romo at throwing Dez open" and stuff similar to that, are we comparing Dak's throwing to second year Romo? because it would seem unfair to Dak to be compared to a QB who had lot's of years and time to improve. I don't recall Romo being anywhere near as good in his 1st few seasons as Romo was in his last few (healthy seasons)

Romo clearly improved. 

Again, Dak needs to learn and get better at making many throws. But it seems many are jumping down "Dak's throat" more than he deserves. I know it's been a frustrating end to another frustrating season, and some people need to vent. Fine, but there are far greater problems in Dallas than Dak IMO. Until Dallas fixes some of those other problems, does it really matter.

Archived