Vent Thread... RIP 2017

The_Slamman

35 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Just a question, for those who have said that "Dak isn't as good as Romo at throwing Dez open" and stuff similar to that, are we comparing Dak's throwing to second year Romo? because it would seem unfair to Dak to be compared to a QB who had lot's of years and time to improve. I don't recall Romo being anywhere near as good in his 1st few seasons as Romo was in his last few (healthy seasons)

Romo clearly improved. 

Again, Dak needs to learn and get better at making many throws. But it seems many are jumping down "Dak's throat" more than he deserves. I know it's been a frustrating end to another frustrating season, and some people need to vent. Fine, but there are far greater problems in Dallas than Dak IMO. Until Dallas fixes some of those other problems, does it really matter.

People are rightfully critical of Dak but that doesn’t mean we don’t recognize that he’s a second year QB who should improve.  It simply means Dak needs to improve in a lot facets of the game.  For a variety of reasons, he regressed from last year.  And the bottom line is that he has already done enough to earn a huge payday in 2 years but that huge payday will come at the expense of other parts of the team.  If you are paying a QB 1/6 or 1/7 of the entire salary cap that QB MUST play a helluva lot better than Dak did this year.  

7 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Dez and Dak are not a match made in heaven.  Dez and Romo were perfect together because Romo could throw back shoulder throws all day long.  Romo would see Dez in single coverage and deliver jump balls that were placed to Dez’s advantage.  That is NOT Dak.  Dak is not great at back shoulder throws and is uncomfortable making those throws.  Dak’s strength is in throwing slants into windows.  Written, Beasley and Williams all run better slants than Dez and Dak is much more comfortable throwing to those guys.  

IfDak is our future, we need to surround him to players that fit his skills.  TBH, no disrespect to Dez but he eats up way too much of the salary cap for what he gives us in this offense.  If Dez doesn’t take a major pay cut he’llbe Gone next year.  

It also suggests that a scheme change may be needed; one where the passing game is based on a West Coast Offense or using a modified spread formation. Otherwise, Dak is really going to struggle because he’s never had to make those kinds of throws before. He came from a dumbed down zone read scheme in college, and I still believe it slowed his growth as a QB because that’s what happens to QBs in those schemes. They never prepare a QB for the NFL.

37 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

People are rightfully critical of Dak but that doesn’t mean we don’t recognize that he’s a second year QB who should improve.  It simply means Dak needs to improve in a lot facets of the game.  For a variety of reasons, he regressed from last year.  And the bottom line is that he has already done enough to earn a huge payday in 2 years but that huge payday will come at the expense of other parts of the team.  If you are paying a QB 1/6 or 1/7 of the entire salary cap that QB MUST play a helluva lot better than Dak did this year.  

some people have gone way past critical. 

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

some people have gone way past critical. 

yeah, there have been some amazingly stupid posts regarding Dak. Everyone should be at least somewhat concerned moving forward. He has regressed, but the pitch fork mentality some have displayed is laughable. There is reason for concern, but let's not act like last year didn't happen. 

Speaking of Dak's regression....and more specifically Wade Wilson's job as QB coach, but does anyone else find it too coincidental that when Romo and Sanchez (Dak's mental mentor, his words) leave this happens? Wilson's ability has always been questioned around here. Can't discredit his work with Romo, but really how much of that was Wilson and how much Romo? Seems in hindsight Romo covered a bunch of flaws. 

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

yeah, there have been some amazingly stupid posts regarding Dak. Everyone should be at least somewhat concerned moving forward. He has regressed, but the pitch fork mentality some have displayed is laughable. There is reason for concern, but let's not act like last year didn't happen. 

Speaking of Dak's regression....and more specifically Wade Wilson's job as QB coach, but does anyone else find it too coincidental that when Romo and Sanchez (Dak's mental mentor, his words) leave this happens? Wilson's ability has always been questioned around here. Can't discredit his work with Romo, but really how much of that was Wilson and how much Romo? Seems in hindsight Romo covered a bunch of flaws. 

it certainly didn't help Dak in losing a mentor/role player/QB. And if having a veteran QB helps with just a few plays/recognitions, then in a game where some many things comes down to a single play. then Dallas has to invest in getting Dak someone qualified to help.

Dez SHOULD BE gone. His pouting and inability to run routes( look at Shannon Sharpe critique ) is hampering Dak's development. Unless he takes a major paycut and keeps quiet then I want him OUT. 

YES Dak has been bad with his read and need to be reign in. Surround him with receivers that can get separation or TEs that can sit down. 

On 12/24/2017 at 8:17 PM, WizardHawk said:

Dak took a shot at Dez.

Dak Prescott on his INT that went through hands of Dez Bryant: “I think I have to throw him a better ball. Just put it right there on his face mask and don’t give him a chance to drop it, I guess.”

I'm glad he did. Dez is pathetic.

But on the other hand, I could probably name 20 better quarterbacks in the league than Dak right now. He was HORRIBLE this season.

20 hours ago, matt79511 said:

It’s early but I like Roquan, Nelson, and Ridley. I don’t know how I’d rank them (need to spend more time evaluating and see what Dallas does at those positions in free agency) but I would think at least one of those guys makes it to 15/16.

I think, picking no higher than 15th, you’re out of range for Minkah and the blue chip DLs. But anything beyond that is difficult to say with certainty with 4 months to go.

Give me Roquan Smith all day. Jaylon Smith was a waste of a pick and I see some random team throwing semi-big money at Hitchens. Roquan and Lee would be such a devastating player and it would no longer be elite Sean Lee with average guys around him at LB.

Archived