Week 4 - Minnesota @ Green Bay

Leader

20 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Will be a great test for MLF and this team - especially if Love is any sort of rusty (which we should probably expect).

Like most games, this one will come down to the trenches. If our DL plays like they just did vs TEN, we should be in this game at a minimum. If our OL keeps Love comfortable and give Jacobs and Wilson running lanes, we should be in this game at a minimum.

Limit negative plays and force them. MIN is a well-coached team so we'll need to be again as well.

This one screams Aaron Jones revenge game to me.  he knows all of these guys' bad tendencies

Quay is gonna have his hands full.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

Yep.  The way MLF is using Jacobs is exactly what he would want to avoid if it were Jones.  Jones paired with Jacobs would be awesome, and was great to think about in the 15 minutes after the Jacobs signing before we realized it wasn't going to happen.

Just remember that every 5th carry Jacobs gets is not an AJ Dillon carry.  

Aaron Jones was always 10-20% AJ dillon/Jamal Williams compared to other top RBs and that was always the weakest part of his game.

Glad that wilson was able to mix in vs Tennessee since I don't see how this goes vs Min without 20+ jacobs attempts.

28 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

This one screams Aaron Jones revenge game to me.  he knows all of these guys' bad tendencies

Quay is gonna have his hands full.

We've got guys on scholarship too. I love Aaron Jones, was extremely pissed we let him go. Love plays, we are just fine. Plus, I believe our boys are figuring out Hatley's defense. 

Go Pack Go1

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

Flores is the best coach in the game rn defensively.  Or, at least the one I'm most excited about as far as hoping his style of D takes off in the NFL.

We'll see, it's a feast or famine type defense. You get his blitz packages blocked up, he's really putting a lot of trust in a back end that's just middling at best talent wise. Truly is a tape battle, he'll have his arsenal to attack what LaFleur does, Matt will be grinding the tape on his blitz schemes to try and identify them pre-snap. Then of course you'll have unscouted looks on both sides. LaFleur vs Flores outweighs any player v player matchup to me.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Yep.  The way MLF is using Jacobs is exactly what he would want to avoid if it were Jones.  Jones paired with Jacobs would be awesome, and was great to think about in the 15 minutes after the Jacobs signing before we realized it wasn't going to happen.

Wilson seems to have good speed and is a nice compliment to Jacobs so in the end we may not miss Jones as much as we feared.

Edited by Pugger

5 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I'm not surprised the Vikings have put together decent offensive output over the last three weeks. I am extremely surprised no team has been able to take advantage of the Vikings defensive deficiencies up to this point. I would have expected both the 49ers and Texans to have some success there. Flores must be some sort of magician. 

The the is this Viking's unit is solid all round. DL, EDGE, LBs, CBs, S, DBs we've got solid units through all levels of the defense. We've got versatility, we can rush the passer, we can play zone & man well, we can play different fronts & disguise rushes & coverages.

On top of have an elite defensive minds calling the plays. Through 3 weeks it's one of the best Vikings defenses I've ever seen

Edited by viking

28 minutes ago, viking said:

The the is this Viking's unit is solid all round. DL, EDGE, LBs, CBs, S, DBs we've got solid units through all levels of the defense. We've got versatility, we can rush the passer, we can play zone & man well, we can play different fronts & disguise rushes & coverages.

On top of have an elite defensive minds calling the plays. Through 3 weeks it's one of the best Vikings defenses I've ever seen

Greenard and Rip Van Ginkel have been covered by your play caller.  

24 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Greenard and Rip Van Ginkel have been covered by your play caller.  

I would say that the Vikings are riding their inexperienced/undertalented players not making mistakes.  Pretty similar to what we have been doing with Malik Willis.  Guys that would be expected to screw up, are not screwing up, and the team benefits.  

5 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I would say that the Vikings are riding their inexperienced/undertalented players not making mistakes.  Pretty similar to what we have been doing with Malik Willis.  Guys that would be expected to screw up, are not screwing up, and the team benefits.  

A sign of good coaching then. Hopefully we can force the issue and QB1 is ready to unlock the playbook to stress them out while our run game steadily delivers body blows and jabs. 

8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

We'll see, it's a feast or famine type defense. You get his blitz packages blocked up, he's really putting a lot of trust in a back end that's just middling at best talent wise. Truly is a tape battle, he'll have his arsenal to attack what LaFleur does, Matt will be grinding the tape on his blitz schemes to try and identify them pre-snap. Then of course you'll have unscouted looks on both sides. LaFleur vs Flores outweighs any player v player matchup to me.

And so far this year LaFleur has done a pretty good job calling plays that get the ball out of the QBs hands in good time

20 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Vikes Oline is bad and it’s real bad.

Not sure how Kevin O’connell got all the success offensively with that Oline. 

They are tied for 19th in sacks given up, tied for 16th in sack yardage, and have the 11th highest yards per carry.  They are pretty much the definition of average.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I'm not surprised the Vikings have put together decent offensive output over the last three weeks. I am extremely surprised no team has been able to take advantage of the Vikings defensive deficiencies up to this point. I would have expected both the 49ers and Texans to have some success there. Flores must be some sort of magician. 

While Jordan Mason has done a decent job in SF, he's still no Christian McCaffrey, and I'd say just looking at these last two games SF has proven to be less potent without him.  The injured Rams beating them last week definitely shows they got some real vulnerabilities at the moment, though unfortunately they probably won't last given their usual late season surges.

Boy right now, I don't know how I feel about our QB situation going up against them.  I know this would be the toughest test Malik Willis will have faced and yeah he would eventually lose one, but still he keeps on defying the naysayers and he's now proven he can throw the ball downfield quite well.  Now Love is still the better passer at the end of the day, but as has been mentioned could be rusty with limited mobility.

Yeah I don't know but if I were the Vikes I might almost hope Love was back in hopes of feeling like his limited mobility might make it easier to pressure rather than have to face the Packers new mini Lamar Jackson, and no that is not an overstatement.