Week 4 - Minnesota @ Green Bay

Leader

2 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

I really am starting to wonder if maybe they don’t start Love this week, even if he’s “close” as they continue to say. Not because I think Willis is the better option but because a rusty Love that maybe is still slightly compromised could be a dangerous proposition against the Flores defense. 

Can’t play scared. If he can go, he can go. Still need Malik to be ready in case of any bad fortune but I think last week we were bluffing he might play, this week we are bluffing that he won’t. Of course it’s not based on any facts but I hink he plays. If Clifford gets a call up it will tell us something and also be the final time we can elevate him before we have to sign him to the 53. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

I really am starting to wonder if maybe they don’t start Love this week, even if he’s “close” as they continue to say. Not because I think Willis is the better option but because a rusty Love that maybe is still slightly compromised could be a dangerous proposition against the Flores defense. 

Yeah this sort of thing doesn't exist in the NFL outside of end of season scenarios with playoff seeds locked in. If players are cleared to play, they play. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Can’t play scared. If he can go, he can go. Still need Malik to be ready in case of any bad fortune but I think last week we were bluffing he might play, this week we are bluffing that he won’t. Of course it’s not based on any facts but I hink he plays. If Clifford gets a call up it will tell us something and also be the final time we can elevate him before we have to sign him to the 53. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if they call Clifford up again just to keep playing the game up to the last minute. 

Edited by ccecilnosebleed

3 hours ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

Gotta get the rust off him at some point. Love still is a better option at QB even if he was rusty. And I'm sure they're going to design a good gameplan for him to ease him back.

4 hours ago, Refugee said:

Really don't think there's any "playing scared" stuff going here, though I do wonder if LaFleur might not be enjoying his new QB toy a bit too much right now that he feels a bit reluctant to go back to number 1.  I mean, we've never really had a dual threat QB here like Willis before, and after us kinda being the victims of running QBs in the past, it is kinda cool that we get to give our opponents fits with that now.

10 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Really don't think there's any "playing scared" stuff going here, though I do wonder if LaFleur might not be enjoying his new QB toy a bit too much right now that he feels a bit reluctant to go back to number 1.  I mean, we've never really had a dual threat QB here like Willis before, and after us kinda being the victims of running QBs in the past, it is kinda cool that we get to give our opponents fits with that now.

Love was second in the league for passing TD's last  year, to Prescott.  All while in his first year of starting and getting off to an average to slow start.  Love was arguably the MVP of the league for the last 6-8 weeks of the season.  Ain't no way MLF would rather have a backup running QB than Love back there running the offense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Love was second in the league for passing TD's last  year, to Prescott.  All while in his first year of starting and getting off to an average to slow start.  Love was arguably the MVP of the league for the last 6-8 weeks of the season.  Ain't no way MLF would rather have a backup running QB than Love back there running the offense.

No doubt about that.  Do you want to put Love out there at less than 100%?  That is the question.  Don't want to rush him back only to suffer a setback in his recovery.  I had this game penciled in as when he would return.  However with Willis playing decent maybe they continue to rest him until he's completely healthy.  Especially with the Vikings pass rush.  If Love plays I will cringe everytime he gets hit.  It's really a tough call here.  Does Love give you the best chance to win yes.  Is it worth the risk of a setback?  Dunno.  Winning the last 2 games changes the equation a little bit.  Packers aren't in desperation mode.  Throwing Willis in against that complicated D could be a problem.  Guess we'll find out what they decide in a couple of days.  It's going to be a tough call.