Week 4 - Minnesota @ Green Bay

Leader

8 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

He won't be 100%

The question is how much less than 100% will he be. 

And what % chance for further injury exists with the brace he'll be wearing?

If he's 80% but there's only a 1% chance of reinjury, it's just a pain management thing at that point. If the chance is higher, that's the risk the team will have to balance.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

No doubt about that.  Do you want to put Love out there at less than 100%?  That is the question.  Don't want to rush him back only to suffer a setback in his recovery.  I had this game penciled in as when he would return.  However with Willis playing decent maybe they continue to rest him until he's completely healthy.  Especially with the Vikings pass rush.  If Love plays I will cringe everytime he gets hit.  It's really a tough call here.  Does Love give you the best chance to win yes.  Is it worth the risk of a setback?  Dunno.  Winning the last 2 games changes the equation a little bit.  Packers aren't in desperation mode.  Throwing Willis in against that complicated D could be a problem.  Guess we'll find out what they decide in a couple of days.  It's going to be a tough call. 

It's the NFL, 4 games into the season.  I doubt that many guys are still at 100%.

To me, it comes down to this.  Is he medically cleared and is he able to go at full speed and protect himself.  If the answer is yes, he plays.  If not, he does not play.

Our training staff appears to be on the cautious side, so I always thought this injury would last longer than most.  Add into that the recent contract and I figured extreme caution would be used.

Then Love was at practice pretty quick.  So that kind of threw a curveball at it for me.

I hope we see him out there, but my guess is that we will not.  

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

And what % chance for further injury exists with the brace he'll be wearing?

If he's 80% but there's only a 1% chance of reinjury, it's just a pain management thing at that point. If the chance is higher, that's the risk the team will have to balance.

That's it. If he's healthy enough not to be a hinderance and the chance of re-aggrevation is low then he should play. 

11 hours ago, vegas492 said:

It's the NFL, 4 games into the season.  I doubt that many guys are still at 100%.

To me, it comes down to this.  Is he medically cleared and is he able to go at full speed and protect himself.  If the answer is yes, he plays.  If not, he does not play.

Our training staff appears to be on the cautious side, so I always thought this injury would last longer than most.  Add into that the recent contract and I figured extreme caution would be used.

Then Love was at practice pretty quick.  So that kind of threw a curveball at it for me.

I hope we see him out there, but my guess is that we will not.  

As MM would say "we are going to take the high side of caution".

I'm prepared for both outcomes but I lean that he is going to play mostly because Vegas seems to think he is going to play.

On 9/25/2024 at 4:24 PM, ccecilnosebleed said:

I really am starting to wonder if maybe they don’t start Love this week, even if he’s “close” as they continue to say. Not because I think Willis is the better option but because a rusty Love that maybe is still slightly compromised could be a dangerous proposition against the Flores defense. 

I remember someone saying although he was close last week, GB dont want to risk putting him back on **** artificial turf stadium.

I think its Ian Rapoport. 

If that’s the case, I think he will play this week. Since next week against Rams will be Artificial turf + Traveling West coast.

Considering everything this week is the best scenario to come back on home field. 

Edited by Jaire_Island

Just a heads up to any android users going to the game on Sunday. Packers having a problem with the android app. To view my tickets on my phone, I had to access my account through the Packers website, not through the app. Don't know if they've since fixed the problem with the app. 

I'm not confident in a win if it's Willis under center. Sadly, you don't need a perfect picture to make an effigy of someone before you burn them, so I may as well explain;

1. I'm not foolish enough to not see how the offense has had fast starts to both Willis games, but slowed down considerably in the second half. This indicates that, as great at gameplanning as MLF is showing himself to be, he's still playing with an ultimately limited deck and once those cards are accounted for by the opposing D, then the O starts to become what we envisioned a Loveless attack to be.
2. This will be doubly so against Minny, who does not wield a rebuilding Defense, and seems to have rock-solid coaching on their end. Case in point, how they've handled their end of things while Sam Darnold's impossible comeback(or 'Sh*t, he arrived!?') performance has taken all the headlines.
3. The OL will have their biggest test since Week 1 where they got bullied repeatedly by the Eagles DL. Even at their best this is a finesse Pass-Blocking team at a 'B' level, maybe 'B+', but they still haven't seemed to shake off the mistakes and foul-ups. Luckily the last two teams weren't good enough to truly take advantage. This probably won't be the case this week unless the cobwebs suddenly get shaken off and the rust removed.