Week 4 GDT: Eagles(2-1) @ Buccaneers(2-1) - What will it be this week?

AZ_Eaglesfan

13 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You're giving entirely to much credit to not only Foles but Andy himself. 

Think you forget just how pass wacky he was and how poorly he managed the clock in his early years. Andy post Mahomes is not Andy early 2000's. Let's be clear. 

Add the Fact Foles for the entirety of a decade assuming he even lasted that long would of also been given absolute trash at the WR position, he too would of done very little as the Eagles QB. Especially being a statue in the pocket in a Era when QB's got absolutely destroyed. 

Nick Foles is basically Joe Flacco. Got hot at the right time, struck lightning in a bottle and never could recreate that specific magic ever again.

But a Chip is a Chip and I'll forever be great full. 🍺

Not really.  When Foles was good he was really good and his highs were better than McNabb.  Give Foles TO? Yep Foles could've done a lot with that.

2 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Not really.  When Foles was good he was really good and his highs were better than McNabb.  Give Foles TO? Yep Foles could've done a lot with that.

Guess we'll never know. What I do know is that Nick Foles, not even in 2013 had a year like McNabbs 2004.

Coincidentally the one year Donovan was given a Legit #1 WR to throw too.

Foles is like Folklore with Eagle fans. The further we get away from 2017, the better the stories are getting about how truly great he was as a QB. 

When the facts are, outside of 2013 (10-13 gms) and a 3 gm playoff stretch in 2017, he actually sucked at every other stop and season of his career.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Guess we'll never know. What I do know is that Nick Foles, not even in 2013 had a year like McNabbs 2004.

Coincidentally the one year Donovan was given a Legit #1 WR to throw too.

Foles is like Folklore with Eagle fans. The further we get away from 2017, the better the stories are getting about how truly great he was as a QB. 

When the facts are, outside of 2013 (10-13 gms) and a 3 gm playoff stretch in 2017, he actually sucked at every other stop and season of his career.

I have always been a fan of Foles.  As a couple people that came over also should be able to attest to, I was one of the few that was not happy when Foles got traded.  Foles always had a way of stepping up when needed even when he wasn't playing well.  He's either the luckiest QB ever, or he's got something very few athlete ever have and that's the ability to play above his talent level when the game is on the line.  McNabb was the opposite of that where you knew if you were behind on the final drive you were taking an L. 

Edited by CasperX22

19 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Glad we can acknowledge 2017 Carson was amazing.

Both agree and disagree about Carson's 2018 season.  It was obvious Carson's knee was not healthy when he came back and likely led to the back injury.  Seemed obvious he was rushed back and had to live up to a living legend standing next to him.  2024 Hurts is TBD, but I'd take 2018 Wentz and 2018 Foles over Hurts since the beginning of 2023 and any Hurts season other than 2022.

Carson in 2017 has more upside than hurts ever did. 

as of now hurts has more upside than limping, achey back Carson in 2018.

by seasons end I might change my mind. I’d take foles over a lot of QBs. He’s like Fitzpatrick on steroids. Some seasons you’ll be .500 but some seasons you’d go 14-3 

For whatever reason he was boiling hot or frozen cold. 

with this team? A young foles would be enticing. 

hurts has grown in some areas so I’m not 100% out. He’s actually throwing the ball well this year. But his decision making in RPO and turnovers are back breaking.

19 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Hot take: if Andy had Foles early in his coaching career Andy would've won a couple SB's with the Eagles.  McNabb is the greatest fraud of the past couple decades.  If he had been drafted by literally any other team he would've suffered the same fate as Tim Couch and Akili Smith.

Mcnabb absolutely held us back and he was my 2nd favorite player on the team. He’s the QB I grew up with. 

Doesn’t mean I ignore Andy’s game management deficiencies, but to an extent he’s suffered those still lol.

the difference was Andy needed an accurate thrower. It’s why he drafted kolb. 

If Andy had Michael Vick from the beginning we would’ve won superbowls (Vick was a very accurate thrower of the ball who needed a better coach)

Jason avant has talked extensively about how difficult it was to play with mcnabb compared to Vick. That Vick threw a beautiful catchable ball right where it needed to be. And that mcnabb was the opposite. 

which he was. Mcnabb was all over the place accuracy wise. Andy wasn’t perfect in philly but I do believe with a more accurate thrower the eagles would’ve won superbowls with him. 

16 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Mcnabb absolutely held us back and he was my 2nd favorite player on the team. He’s the QB I grew up with. 

Doesn’t mean I ignore Andy’s game management deficiencies, but to an extent he’s suffered those still lol.

the difference was Andy needed an accurate thrower. It’s why he drafted kolb. 

If Andy had Michael Vick from the beginning we would’ve won superbowls (Vick was a very accurate thrower of the ball who needed a better coach)

Jason avant has talked extensively about how difficult it was to play with mcnabb compared to Vick. That Vick threw a beautiful catchable ball right where it needed to be. And that mcnabb was the opposite. 

which he was. Mcnabb was all over the place accuracy wise. Andy wasn’t perfect in philly but I do believe with a more accurate thrower the eagles would’ve won superbowls with him. 

I'm not convinced we win SB's with Vick.  He basically rebuilt Vick and it took about 1/2 a season to figure him out.  He had a big arm and threw a nice ball, but that's about it.  Maybe it would have gone differently if Andy had him as a rookie, but Vick had almost zero instincts as a passer, struggled with basic coverages, and had his own bouts with erratic accuracy and decision making.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I'm not convinced we win SB's with Vick.  He basically rebuilt Vick and it took about 1/2 a season to figure him out.  He had a big arm and threw a nice ball, but that's about it.  Maybe it would have gone differently if Andy had him as a rookie, but Vick had almost zero instincts as a passer, struggled with basic coverages, and had his own bouts with erratic accuracy and decision making.

Yeah Pre Prison Vick was not Post Prison Vick. He had no interest in playing the QB Position. He would of been electric ala Atlanta but wasn't winning Andy or us a SB, sorry!

Well I guess it's possible we could catch the Bucs off guard in the beginning of the game? 

Surely they have very little tape on Wilson, Campbell, Dotson and Ross in a Kellen Moore offense,  right?

Maybe we can get a splash play, quick slant chunk here or there if they are concentrating on shutting down Saquon? Or on a hot read or two when they blitz assuming Moore/Hurts continue to have answers for the blitz like the first 3 weeks??

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So Devin White is a healthy scratch yet again? All this talk OTA's, TC hype 1st reps and he can't even dress?

Talk about Doghouses!

He sucks is the problem. Couldn't stop the run if his life depended on it

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

He sucks is the problem. Couldn't stop the run if his life depended on it

So we signed in hopes a change of scenery would help? Only gave him 1st team reps because Dean was hobbled? Why did we keep him on the 53? 

Honestly asking?

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

So we signed in hopes a change of scenery would help? Only gave him 1st team reps because Dean was hobbled? Why did we keep him on the 53? 

Honestly asking?

He was a 1st round pick reclamation project but go look at ore season tape he was trying to run around blocks that's never going to fly in the nfl

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

He was a 1st round pick reclamation project but go look at ore season tape he was trying to run around blocks that's never going to fly in the nfl

Not sure why he is still on the team TBH? Trotter, VanSumeren,  Burks?

I know Howie thinks he can trade anyone, but damn!

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not sure why he is still on the team TBH? Trotter, VanSumeren,  Burks?

I know Howie thinks he can trade anyone, but damn!

Probably cheaper to keep him and he could be edge depth he is good at blitzing just nothing else