? Week 17 Saints (11-4) @ Buccaneers (4-11)

bucsfan333

9 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Just one more game to see this trash guard play.  I wouldn't mind going center top of the 2nd round and moving Marpet back to guard.  This interior pressure has to stop, you cant have DTs getting their hands on Jameis.

That’s terrible, but sadly, not surprising.

What do you think the solution is? I think we need at least a guard and a tackle in the draft. Give Sweezey one more year at RG and continue to Ali Marpet experiment.

3 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

That’s terrible, but sadly, not surprising.

What do you think the solution is? I think we need at least a guard and a tackle in the draft. Give Sweezey one more year at RG and continue to Ali Marpet experiment.

I think the first thing that needs to be decided is what to do with Marpet.  I would rather sure up the interior and allow Winston to step up.  So, Im all for drafting interior oline in either of the first 2 rounds.  I would move on from both Sweezy and Pamphile, move Marpet back to RG and think really hard about Nelson or Price in the 2nd round.  

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I think the first thing that needs to be decided is what to do with Marpet.  I would rather sure up the interior and allow Winston to step up.  So, Im all for drafting interior oline in either of the first 2 rounds.  I would move on from both Sweezy and Pamphile, move Marpet back to RG and think really hard about Nelson or Price in the 2nd round.  

I think it depends on FA. If we can land a center, we can move Marpet back to guard. If we can land a guard, Marpet stays.

32 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think it depends on FA. If we can land a center, we can move Marpet back to guard. If we can land a guard, Marpet stays.

Right now, I'm more inclined to move Marpet back to RG.  I already know that I can get near Pro Bowl production from him there.  He may get there at center, but I need absolutes on the oline this off-season.  Marpet had snapping issues with Winston in the shot gun, let him dominate at RG.  If they can solidfy the interior, Winston has enough pocket presence to step up and help the tackles.  Sweezy didnt show me enough to think he is a cant miss at RG.  I have no issue with him staying on the roster and competing at LG.  Im done with Pamphile and Smith.  I would keep Hawley on the roster and make him the starter heading into the off-season, but hoping to upgrade thru free agency or the draft.  I dont mind Hawley on the roster, more so as a reserve then a starter.  

We need to cut Sweezy. He is garbage for what we are paying for there’s just no other way around it. He is amongst the lowest guards against pass and run. Year 1 we got nothing and year 2 showed us he wasn’t as good as his contract indicates. Move on and replace. Move Marpet to RG and see if we can get Richburg in FA. Resign Pamphile as a 6th man and draft a guard rounds 2 or 3. Hernandez-Richburg-Marpet improves the running game tenfold. I don’t think Don Smith is going anywhere and he hasn’t been bad lately.

56 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

As the game gets closer, I really believe this game is going to be really tight late.  Wouldnt  it be such a Bucs life to win this final game?   If Jameis has another terrific game, I cant be that upset.  

This game will be close just because the Saints are not home. Their offense won’t be as dynamic but I don’t see us stopping their run game. Those outside runs are going to be exploited for big gains against our trash DE’s. 

Winston will probably get crushed again but I want him to have a great day numbers wise.

Archived