*EDIT* With the 6th Pick, the Colts select......

Wyld Stallyns

Every time I look at mock drafts and see a different possibilities for how the draft could fall it gives me a headache. I really don’t know what I want the Colts to do anymore I just want free agency to happen so the picture can become more clear. 

Who does Cousins sign with? Do the Giants draft a QB or Barkley? Does McCarron sign with a team drafting in the top 10?  Do the Colts trade down to 5, 6 or take the Bills offer for 21 and 22? Do DeMarcus Lawrence and Ziggy Ansah get Franchise Tagged? Do the Colts sign Carlos Hyde or *cough* Le’Veon  Bell.

also, Jason Fitzgerald of Over the cap did his top 100 free agents and the only Colts on the list were #65 Jack Mewhort and #81 Rashaan Melvin. Fitzgerald suggested that Mewhort could see an offer in the $6 million range but likely a 1 year deal. He didn’t mention a range for Melvin but listed him after Patrick Robinson and Ross Cockrell and before Nickell Robey-Coleman. 

Donte Moncrief wasn’t on the list even though there were 15 WRs on it. 

Vinatieri and Gore were likely left off due to age. 

On 30/01/2018 at 5:54 AM, Warhorse said:

I think we are going to trade down and take Nelson. 

Nelson is great but my opinion is you should sign Andrew Norwell. He won't come at cheap but you have money and that man did allow only one sack in 1000+ snaps this season (6 in 4 seasons). Castonzo-Norwell-Kelly would be a very nice 3/5 of an Oline for Luck. Especially in a division with Watt, Jackson or Casey putting pressure from the inside.

First Pick draft 

https://www.first-pick.com/NFL/Share.aspx?id=297635e3-f66b-4852-a0e1-e07ecb633548

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 8 (CHI):  Nelson, Quenton, OG, Notre Dame (A)
Round 2 Pick 1 (CLE):  Key, Arden, DE/OLB, LSU (B)
Round 2 Pick 4:  Sutton, Courtland, WR, Southern Methodist (B)
Round 2 Pick 8 (DEN):  Okorafor, Chukwuma, OT, Western Michigan (B+)
Round 3 Pick 3:  Jones II, Ronald, RB, Southern California (A+)
Round 4 Pick 4:  Dawson, Duke, CB, Florida (A)
Round 4 Pick 6 (DEN):  Hill, BJ, DT, North Carolina State (A)
Round 4 Pick 23 (CLE):  Gaulden, Rashaan, CB, Tennessee (A)
Round 5 Pick 3:  Whitehead, Jordan, FS, Pittsburgh (A+)
Round 6 Pick 4:  Fumagalli, Troy, TE, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 7 Pick 3:  Dooley, Garret, OLB, Wisconsin (A+)

The Bears traded up to take Chubb #1 so I traded down to 5 with Denver. Both Barkley and Nelson were still available so I traded down to 8 with Cleveland (Bears orig) 

Dolphins fan here looking for your thoughts.  From a value standpoint if we were to swap #11 with you and give up our third and offer you Landry or Tannehill (obviously a better insurance policy than Brissett)....thoughts?  Does Landry interest you next to TY?  

5 hours ago, Phingasm 23 said:

Dolphins fan here looking for your thoughts.  From a value standpoint if we were to swap #11 with you and give up our third and offer you Landry or Tannehill (obviously a better insurance policy than Brissett)....thoughts?  Does Landry interest you next to TY?  

I heard the arguments that Landry is more slot receiver then outside receiver but that argument was made about Hilton when we drafted him. At this point we have Hilton and Doyle then nothing (and Please note I like Chester Rogers) I’m not against adding him as long as he can contribute. 

Not interested in Tannehill with his current contract. 

I ran it by a trade value chart (draftek) just to see how the picks alone break down 

#3 / 2200 pts 

#11 / 1250 pts + #73 / 225 pts = 1475 pts 

2200 - 1475 = 725

725 is equivalent to between picks 24 (740) and 25 (720) 

way better the trading down to Buffalo at 21 and 22 

Are we sure we don't want Barkley at 3?

Most Mocks have us taking Chubb and of course there's the real possibility that Barkley will be gone by 3 but let's say both Cleveland and the Giants elect to get their QB's of the future. I think we would seriously consider him with our pick.

Of course you can't judge from one combine but he really had an awesome day and let's face it, if the goal is to keep Luck standing throughout the season and not get re-injured we could do worse than draft a top quality RB who he could hand off to every other play. Plus we're letting the inconvenient truth walk this offseason so we'd have an immediate replacement.

I'd welcome the pick anyway.

2 hours ago, PFM18 said:

Are we sure we don't want Barkley at 3?

I want Barkley but I’m resigned to the fact we won’t get him either because we take Chubb or Barkley won’t be around @ 3. My preference is as follows

-1 Barkley

-2 trade down

-3 Chubb 

-4 Nelson

1 hour ago, stallyns said:

I want Barkley but I’m resigned to the fact we won’t get him either because we take Chubb or Barkley won’t be around @ 3. My preference is as follows

-1 Barkley

-2 trade down

-3 Chubb 

-4 Nelson

I think it's possible. Obviously the New York media is pushing the Giants to pick him but they need to be looking for their QB of the future sooner rather than later and they don't plan to be drafting this highly again. They may see this as their one opportunity to get their next QB and take it.

Cleveland is the real danger with having two top four picks. Obviously they could pick Barkley at 1 and still draft their next QB at 4. It depends really on whether they're confident the guy they want will get past the Giants or that no one will want to trade up to snag their guy from them.

But yeah if he's still there, for me it's the best pick to make. I do think we should be looking at trading down if not and can see it being possible with QB's being available and teams needing them. 

Well Chubb had an impressive combine last week also, so I certainly wouldn't mind if we did draft him. I think it's the only choice the Colts go for should Barkley have already gone by then.

However I do think we may get trade offers to move down, should some teams be worried that the QB of their choice may be gone. I know as a Bronco fan we're discussing moving up if required, and I'm sure other teams such as the Jets would be also thinking this if they don't get Kirk.

I think if Ballard is set on Bradley Chubb he can consider moving down a bit as the teams around the top 10 are very QB needy and Chubb could still be picked later on. 

New First Pick draft. I owned this one in my mind

Your score is: 21776 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 6 (NYJ):  Barkley, Saquon, RB, Penn State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 4:  McGlinchey, Mike, OT, Notre Dame (A)
Round 2 Pick 5 (NYJ):  Okoronkwo, Ogbonnia, DE, Oklahoma (B+)
Round 2 Pick 17 (NYJ):  McFadden, Tarvarus, CB, Florida State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 3:  Ragnow, Frank, C/OG, Arkansas (A-)
Round 4 Pick 8 (T.B.):  Burnett, Deontay, WR, Southern California (A)
Round 5 Pick 7 (T.B.):  Whitehead, Jordan, FS, Pittsburgh (A+)
Round 5 Pick 27 (N.O.):  Victor, Azeem, ILB, Washington (A+)
Round 6 Pick 4:  Breneman, Adam, TE, Massachusetts (A+)
Round 6 Pick 15 (N.O.):  Benkert, Kurt, QB, Virginia (A+)
Round 7 Pick 3:  Lotulelei, Lowell, DT, Utah (A+)

Archived