NFL Coaching Changes (Watch List)

KingTitan

McDaniels is interesting to.me.

You got the cons of him. 

-Turned his best young players in Denver against him

-Terrible decision making. Tim Tebow in first round???? Trading a future 1st to select a diminutive CB in Alphonso Smith.

-Limited success when not coaching Tom Brady (Denver years, 1 year as Rams OC)

-How much is he really in charge of the O vs how much of it is Belichick/Brady?

Then you have the pros on him

-Shown he's capable of changing the O to fit his QB.(Last year for example, the offense was completely changed for each of Garoppolo, Brissett and Brady)

-FWIW, Kyle Orton did have his best years of his career playing under him

-Another fwiw, has the cosign of Tom Brady

-Is still young(41), and thought to be one of the  brightest offensive minds in the NFL

-Has a connection/work history with Robinson.

-To give him the benefit of the doubt on his Rams stinct, have you looked at the "talent" he was working with???

I can see why he's at the top of many people's coaching wishlist. I can also see why many wouldn't want to touch him with a 10 foot pole. I still don't know which side I'm on yet.

9 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I just don't see it happening. And even if it does, I live in fear of us going with someone worse (and yes, some of you guys may not admit it, but we could definitely do worse). Probably hire Pagano or some other retread that has already failed.

I’d take Pagano over Mularkey. Feel like he has overachieved with the rosters he has been given. Wouldn’t be my first choice or anything but I do think he would be an improvement. 

4 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

McDaniels is interesting to.me.

You got the cons of him. 

-Turned his best young players in Denver against him

-Terrible decision making. Tim Tebow in first round???? Trading a future 1st to select a diminutive CB in Alphonso Smith.

-Limited success when not coaching Tom Brady (Denver years, 1 year as Rams OC)

-How much is he really in charge of the O vs how much of it is Belichick/Brady?

Then you have the pros on him

-Shown he's capable of changing the O to fit his QB.(Last year for example, the offense was completely changed for each of Garoppolo, Brissett and Brady)

-FWIW, Kyle Orton did have his best years of his career playing under him

-Another fwiw, has the cosign of Tom Brady

-Is still young(41), and thought to be one of the  brightest offensive minds in the NFL

-Has a connection/work history with Robinson.

-To give him the benefit of the doubt on his Rams stinct, have you looked at the "talent" he was working with???

I can see why he's at the top of many people's coaching wishlist. I can also see why many wouldn't want to touch him with a 10 foot pole. I still don't know which side I'm on yet.

Don't forget him being in the middle of a video tapping controversy. 

I don't trust him. 

4 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

you and me both

that said, I'd probably prefer to err on the side of caution. we cannot afford to mess up our next HC selection, whenever it is

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Don't forget him being in the middle of a video tapping controversy. 

I don't trust him. 

As someone who absolutely despises McDaniels, this would be the least of my worries. Every team in the NFL did it(probably still does it?). Pats just got caught doing it.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

As someone who absolutely despises McDaniels, this would be the least of my worries. Every team in the NFL did it(probably still does it?). Pats just got caught doing it.

Well I just don't trust him with a team too. Just get a bad vibe from him. And the whole thing with Patriots cast-offs hasn't gone well as HC. Bill O'brien is the best example and that isn't too impressive to me. 

I don't trust him to lead a team. Can he do his offensive play calling thing, sure. But I don't trust him to lead. 

8 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

you and me both

that said, I'd probably prefer to err on the side of caution. we cannot afford to mess up our next HC selection, whenever it is

Yeah for those willing to throw out Murlarkey, I'd like to go with a more sure thing or someone that hasn't failed in a previous stop.  

Archived