Best move of the offseason

UKTexans

2 hours ago, texans_uk said:

This is the Browns we're talking about. That's a big if.

True...but new management seems to be taking them in the right direction. Guess we'll see what happens.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:45 PM, thebestever6 said:

Even landing a franchise qb is huge this isn't your fathers browns. They're building a team before they land a franchise qb. 

They landed two picks in the first two rounds next year while still having 3 first round picks in this past draft.

Having Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold potentially entering the draft next year only inflates their heady off season moves.

The only thing with the Browns is that they have never had problems accumulating picks. It's been that they continuously make awful selections. I think they've turned a corner but we need proof of it first.

For GB, restocking the TE and DB positions was pretty huge. Our #1 TE suddenly became our #3 TE with the additions of Martellus Bennett and Lance Kendricks. We also added some real ability to the DB through FA and the draft with Davon House, Kevin King and Josh Jones.

Those position groups are significantly bolstered for GB heading into 2017.

On 8/16/2017 at 8:09 AM, Desperado82 said:

True...but new management seems to be taking them in the right direction. Guess we'll see what happens.

Thats not the first time Ive heard that.

Im not even really disagreeing....but the Browns have consistently found a way over the years to capitalize on opportunities to turn things around and even when they take a step or two forward, they just fall back again.    

Not saying it will happen again, but I dont think anyone should be buying into them until their seemingly good moves actually equate into wins on the field.  

And before anyone claims I am just hating....Ive said the same thing about my Pirates (in baseball) many times over the years.  

12 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Thats not the first time Ive heard that.

Im not even really disagreeing....but the Browns have consistently found a way over the years to capitalize on opportunities to turn things around and even when they take a step or two forward, they just fall back again.    

Not saying it will happen again, but I dont think anyone should be buying into them until their seemingly good moves actually equate into wins on the field.  

And before anyone claims I am just hating....Ive said the same thing about my Pirates (in baseball) many times over the years.  

Eh, every once in awhile the unexpected happens. 

49 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I don't think even Browns fans would disagree with what you said. It is pretty obvious that you claim you've done something until you do something. Well, unless you're a teenage boy.

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't think even Browns fans would disagree with what you said. It is pretty obvious that you claim you've done something until you do something. Well, unless you're a teenage boy.

This stems from past experiences.  There is a huge, epic thread from the 2008 offseason (on the old Steeler forum) of Browns fans invading the Steelers forum and basically telling us that the Browns were on their way to owning the AFC North and the Steelers were fading into obscurity.   I still remember many putting Phil Savage on a pedestal....even though most will now claim they never did so.    In fairness, most of that group is now gone (I think), but I wonder if the Browns beat the Steelers once this year and finish 8-8 if we will see a repeat of 2008 come next offseason.....before waiting to see whether or not they have TRULY turned a corner.

10 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

This stems from past experiences.  There is a huge, epic thread from the 2008 offseason (on the old Steeler forum) of Browns fans invading the Steelers forum and basically telling us that the Browns were on their way to owning the AFC North and the Steelers were fading into obscurity.   I still remember many putting Phil Savage on a pedestal....even though most will now claim they never did so.    In fairness, most of that group is now gone (I think), but I wonder if the Browns beat the Steelers once this year and finish 8-8 if we will see a repeat of 2008 come next offseason.....before waiting to see whether or not they have TRULY turned a corner.

I can assure you of our haste. 

We will rue the day! And it will be glorious! GLORIOUS!

bobby-roode-glorious-wallpaper-preview.j

14 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

You are likely to see some of that. At least you've been through it before so it shouldn't come as a surprise. If the tables were turned I'm sure it would be similar. When you are hungry you act differently.

Archived