Jump to content
texans_uk

Formula 1 Thread

Recommended Posts

Last weekend saw a thrilling race for all (apart from Lewis) and has really spiced up the Championship with Sebastian Vettel now only leading Lewis Hamilton by 1 point and Valtteri Bottas sneaking up behind them within a victory of top spot.

It was a crushing result for Kimi Raikkonen, who admittedly hasn't been on the pace since his return to F1, to finish P3 after such a strong performance all weekend. Great result too for Daniel Ricciardo who started P19 and finished P5.

The biggest news this week however comes from the F1 strategy group, the Halo has been approved for the 2018 season.

Needless to say this has not gone down well with fans or drivers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to the second half of the single, hoping that Lewis can edge out the win this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Looking forward to the second half of the single, hoping that Lewis can edge out the win this year. 

Given a reliable car I can't see how Vettel beats him to be honest. 

The Merc has the edge on most tracks and Lewis had proven he can outrace Vettel on track when required. 

I'm hoping to see some sort of restoration of pride for the McLaren garage! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McLaren has been embarrassing. Alonso DNF's are more common than finishes this year. Pretty sad. 

As for the halo, having looked into it, the device itself looks pretty dumb. I don't understand the arguments against it because it makes the sport 'too safe'. I don't think any entertainment value is gained by risking the drivers lives. I'd prefer closed cockpits to that thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

McLaren has been embarrassing. Alonso DNF's are more common than finishes this year. Pretty sad. 

As for the halo, having looked into it, the device itself looks pretty dumb. I don't understand the arguments against it because it makes the sport 'too safe'. I don't think any entertainment value is gained by risking the drivers lives. I'd prefer closed cockpits to that thing. 

Trouble is you have to draw the line eventually. If not we may as well just have people racing simulators from the safety of the factories. 

A bit hyperbole I know but it's a legitimate concern regarding the traditions of a sport. 

I think the shield would be the best solution if they can make it work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very interesting turn up. Hamilton starts P4. Historically a difficult track to overtake on. 

Also nice to see Paul di Riesta back in a Formula One car, albeit at the expense of Massa's health. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The halo is brutal looking. Has to interfere with the drivers visibility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This looks so much better, love the simplicity, how a race car should look. 

 

Edited by Bednarik60

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boring race. F1 at it's least interesting really. Top three within 2 seconds and no movement between them. This is why we end up with KERS and DRS type stuff. 

Was somewhat impressed by Lewis for handing that position back to Bottas. Meanwhile Kimi just had to sit behind a slow Vettel all race. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sunnygsm said:

Boring race. F1 at it's least interesting really. Top three within 2 seconds and no movement between them. This is why we end up with KERS and DRS type stuff. 

Was somewhat impressed by Lewis for handing that position back to Bottas. Meanwhile Kimi just had to sit behind a slow Vettel all race. 

Good old Hungary, great track to drive, awful to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Good old Hungary, great track to drive, awful to watch. 

There were 20 odd laps with them close. I was hoping something would happen. Nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sunnygsm said:

There were 20 odd laps with them close. I was hoping something would happen. Nothing. 

Imagine if Hamilton loses the title by 3 points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Imagine if Hamilton loses the title by 3 points. 

Please no. Stahp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×