Formula 1 Thread

UKTexans

Last weekend saw a thrilling race for all (apart from Lewis) and has really spiced up the Championship with Sebastian Vettel now only leading Lewis Hamilton by 1 point and Valtteri Bottas sneaking up behind them within a victory of top spot.

It was a crushing result for Kimi Raikkonen, who admittedly hasn't been on the pace since his return to F1, to finish P3 after such a strong performance all weekend. Great result too for Daniel Ricciardo who started P19 and finished P5.

The biggest news this week however comes from the F1 strategy group, the Halo has been approved for the 2018 season.

Needless to say this has not gone down well with fans or drivers.

3 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Looking forward to the second half of the single, hoping that Lewis can edge out the win this year. 

Given a reliable car I can't see how Vettel beats him to be honest. 

The Merc has the edge on most tracks and Lewis had proven he can outrace Vettel on track when required. 

I'm hoping to see some sort of restoration of pride for the McLaren garage! 

McLaren has been embarrassing. Alonso DNF's are more common than finishes this year. Pretty sad. 

As for the halo, having looked into it, the device itself looks pretty dumb. I don't understand the arguments against it because it makes the sport 'too safe'. I don't think any entertainment value is gained by risking the drivers lives. I'd prefer closed cockpits to that thing. 

14 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

McLaren has been embarrassing. Alonso DNF's are more common than finishes this year. Pretty sad. 

As for the halo, having looked into it, the device itself looks pretty dumb. I don't understand the arguments against it because it makes the sport 'too safe'. I don't think any entertainment value is gained by risking the drivers lives. I'd prefer closed cockpits to that thing. 

Trouble is you have to draw the line eventually. If not we may as well just have people racing simulators from the safety of the factories. 

A bit hyperbole I know but it's a legitimate concern regarding the traditions of a sport. 

I think the shield would be the best solution if they can make it work. 

Boring race. F1 at it's least interesting really. Top three within 2 seconds and no movement between them. This is why we end up with KERS and DRS type stuff. 

Was somewhat impressed by Lewis for handing that position back to Bottas. Meanwhile Kimi just had to sit behind a slow Vettel all race. 

4 hours ago, sunnygsm said:

Boring race. F1 at it's least interesting really. Top three within 2 seconds and no movement between them. This is why we end up with KERS and DRS type stuff. 

Was somewhat impressed by Lewis for handing that position back to Bottas. Meanwhile Kimi just had to sit behind a slow Vettel all race. 

Good old Hungary, great track to drive, awful to watch.