Formula 1 Thread

UKTexans

As a Red Bull fan hoping for a lot more in Singapore, as I expect the team is by taking the engines for Monza. Was still a great drive by Danny Ric. Shame Max didn't get to show what he could do up at the front of the field again.

Maybe a track more suited to the Mclaren too so maybe Alonso can perform too.

I really hope Red Bull don't end up with Honda. F1 could have four teams pushing for wins if McLaren and Red Bull had engines comparable to Ferrari, let alone Mercedes.

Interesting point from Horner today saying that it wouldn't necessarily be Honda as Red Bull has an existing relationship with another manufacturer. I'm hoping he was meaning Audi, or at least VW Group.

Audi are probably too tied up with Formula E, but Porsche have pulled out of WEC despite earlier saying they wouldn't and don't have an interest in Formula E. 

Pure speculation at this point, but Red Bull essentially being a Porsche works team would be awesome.

8 hours ago, texans_uk said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/41281892

Poor Palmer, reliability and inconsistency has likely caused the end of his F1 career.

Eh, was he really even that good?

It always felt like the Sky commentators kept trying to hype him up because he's British (as they do with them all much to my chagrin) rather than anything he actually did in F1