Formula 1 Thread

UKTexans

8 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Can't believe kimi is happy doing it, he was so competitive with Renault, he's just completely given up. 

I think he understands the situation with the championship.

Yesterday, the story was that he was struggling with his tyres so Vettel was dropping back to give him DRS, rather than Kimi having to defend a slow Vettel from Verstappen.

I think Kimi has lost that tenth of a second that made him so good to watch. You won’t see a stunning qualifying lap out of him because he’s just lost that little bit extra that he used to have. It doesn’t help that the Ferrari’s one lap pace isn’t on a par with Mercedes either.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Great drive for Gasly

And great result for McLaren.

Horror show for Red Bull.

Haas backing up their pace from Melbourne.

Hope the Ferrari mechanic is ok, heard it was a double leg break.

The video of it is pretty horrible. No doubt some knee ligament injuries in there as well.

Everybody is lining up to have a go at Kimi for not going over to see the mechanic as soon as he got out of the car, which I think is quite unfair. No one has any idea what the team told him over the radio or immediately after the incident.

Also, what a drive from Vettel to make those tyres last. Still think Mercedes have the better package, but this season will hopefully be much, much closer.