Formula 1 Thread

UKTexans

• 1 month later...

Season seems to be dying with each race. Ferrari have squandered their chances and Mercedes have caught up and surpassed them. Hamilton is in the zone, Vettel is making costly errors. It's not over, but it's close. 

Also surprised how Ricciardo has fallen off the map.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/4/2019 at 6:55 PM, milanb said:

Looks like F1 is finally going to bring back partial ground-effects in 2021.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/47422390

Quite frankly, this is a no-brainer and something they should have done 20 years ago. 

Can't say I'm familiar with the concept before this article - but I'm down with anything that tightens up the field a bit. 

Let's say you were a betting person: who wins more races for the rest of the year - Lewis Hamilton or the rest of the field?

Edited by chillparsi1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 2/6/2024 at 9:22 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

Hamilton to Ferrari along with half the Mercedes fans 

This is absolutely hilarious to me.  Lewis is just stunting on everyone by jumping from one powerhouse to the next.  Same way he ended up jumping to Mercedes in the first place.

As they say, "you lose 'em the same way you won 'em".

Guaranteed Ferrari come out and just absolutely dominate the year Lewis arrives.  They've got their whole program scheduled around it i bet.  It's easy to laugh right now...but Red Bull are gonna get ******* Ford engines by then.  Their dominance won't last.  FIA won't let it anyway.  Ferrari have been languishing in their punishments and basically sandbagging at this point...as soon as Sir Hamilton hits...they'll suddenly have an absolutely unbeatable rocket ship of a car.  Assuming they can hire some new race strategists between now and then...they will obliterate Mercedes and Red Bull will probably implode the second Ford gets involved even if it's just a vague technical alliance.