What: Cleveland Browns  @ Pittsburgh Steelers

steelers-vs-browns.png

Where: Heinz Field Pittsburgh, PA

612664395a40232133447d33247d383637333634

Series Records

Browns-Steelers.jpg

Steelers lead series: 73 - 58 - 0

Last meeting 9/10/17 in Cleveland 21- 18 Win by Steelers

Keys to Victory: Rest the Killer B's and a good game from Laundry Jones, Ju Ju,  Martavis and Stevan Ridley on Offense

gettyimages-493261690.jpg?quality=65&str

JuJu-Smith-Schuster-Mock.jpg

635955433052970482-AP-Jets-Ridleys-Knee-

And Improvements from Davis and Artie on defense heading into the play-offs

web-20160901mfsteelerssports08-3-Copy.jp

c0649c7a446f99248f70a10f8657ef1c.jpg

603198_392650620818664_2098177147_n.jpg

The End

glutes18.jpg

I wouldn't rest any starters until halftime.  You've got to keep a side eye on that "out of town" scoreboard and see how the Pats are going.  If it's a close game and we're close, we got to go for the win to possibly lock up the 1 seed.  If we get to halftime and the Pats are up, might as well pack it in, get Ridley touches, get Landry in there, and get Hunter some reps as well.

58 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I wouldn't rest any starters until halftime.  You've got to keep a side eye on that "out of town" scoreboard and see how the Pats are going.  If it's a close game and we're close, we got to go for the win to possibly lock up the 1 seed.  If we get to halftime and the Pats are up, might as well pack it in, get Ridley touches, get Landry in there, and get Hunter some reps as well.

I think we have to look at the big picture here. I get that if we have a shot at the #1 spot that you want to lock it down. However, I am not so sure of the odds that we do with the Jets beating New England. I am not suggesting that we throw the game against the Browns by any means.  They are playing their play-off game against us. It is the Browns last chance to get a win. They are home until the Combine in 2018.  We can't afford  any more injuries. Our best chance to win is with all three of the Killer B's healthy.  I think they can beat NE in NE with all of their weapons/players healthy. 

Our goal is a Super Bowl win. I wouldn't risk it on this game. No guarantee that we will see NE. We will still need to be healthy to beat the Ravens, KC, or Jacksonville as well.  Let's see what Landry and others can do. A great chance for many back-ups to get some reps. I do think you keep our starting defense out there.  Monitor reps for Hadden and let Landry and company run the offense.  I don't want to take an unnecessary risk on a meaningless game. 

13 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

I think we have to look at the big picture here. I get that if we have a shot at the #1 spot that you want to lock it down. However, I am not so sure of the odds that we do with the Jets beating New England. I am not suggesting that we throw the game against the Browns by any means.  They are playing their play-off game against us. It is the Browns last chance to get a win. They are home until the Combine in 2018.  We can't afford  any more injuries. Our best chance to win is with all three of the Killer B's healthy.  I think they can beat NE in NE with all of their weapons/players healthy. 

Our goal is a Super Bowl win. I wouldn't risk it on this game. No guarantee that we will see NE. We will still need to be healthy to beat the Ravens, KC, or Jacksonville as well.  Let's see what Landry and others can do. A great chance for many back-ups to get some reps. I do think you keep our starting defense out there.  Monitor reps for Hadden and let Landry and company run the offense.  I don't want to take an unnecessary risk on a meaningless game. 

If we win and NE loses we are the 1 seed. Any other outcome and we are the 2 seed. Hence the check in at halftime. 

5 hours ago, jebrick said:

Steelers should play the Starters for at least a half.  I do not want them going into a playoff game and have not played in 2 weeks

On 12/26/2017 at 12:10 PM, warfelg said:

If we win and NE loses we are the 1 seed. Any other outcome and we are the 2 seed. Hence the check in at halftime. 

I understand what both of you are saying and good point about the two week lay-off (for some).  I don't think it hurts Bell or Ben. I am primarily speaking of the Killer B's.  I do agree that others should play a half and even some the entire game as they can use the work. We will see what happens.

56 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

I understand what both of you are saying and good point about the two week lay-off (for some).  I don't think it hurts Bell or Ben. I am primarily speaking of the Killer B's.  I do agree that others should play a half and even some the entire game as they can use the work. We will see what happens.

Tomlin is 5-6 when coming off a bye week.  That is just one week off.  Ben must be sharp.  THey can't ease their way into the game.

Archived