Week 17 Steelers vs. Browns Stay Healthy GDT

Steeler Hitman

On 12/27/2017 at 1:37 PM, jebrick said:

Steelers should play the Starters for at least a half.  I do not want them going into a playoff game and have not played in 2 weeks

While I can agree with the premise, considering the history of the Browns injuring our players near the end of the season...

3 hours ago, August4th said:

Impressive stats.  He's going to be a great player for us for a long time.  But, I'm a little surprised that after that bang start in Cleveland, he didn't do even more.  (not complaining - he had a very good season for a rookie)  Expecting that next year will be a big year for him.  

6 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

Impressive stats.  He's going to be a great player for us for a long time.  But, I'm a little surprised that after that bang start in Cleveland, he didn't do even more.  (not complaining - he had a very good season for a rookie)  Expecting that next year will be a big year for him.  

His first game vs Cleveland was nice, but not as impressive as it looked on the stat sheet. 

Watt has some things to work on, but all Steeler fans should be optimistic.     Now we just need to find someone to put next to him, since Dupree IMO is not a quality starter.

15 minutes ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Still trying to figure out what went wrong with Dupree.. 

One minute we NEEDED HIM, the next; he sucks.

he is lackluster at times...i think we have a problem based on selection...it's hard to get the splash talent we want on defense especially in regards to rushing the qb but also DB....and consistently pick where we pick...Dupree is decent and perhaps still has room to grow ....i say let us focus on true holes like FS and ILB ...and QB replacement and TE...and OL is needing some depth...age is  creeping at the LT position...The reality is TJ ..if we are honest with ourselves is no more a threat to the qb than Dupree is and i am sure we got TJ with the mindset of QB pressure and sacks..he has like 6 so does dupree....so really we might be saying the same thing about watt a year from now...

1 minute ago, DudeWhat??? said:

he is lackluster at times...i think we have a problem based on selection...it's hard to get the splash talent we want on defense especially in regards to rushing the qb but also DB....and consistently pick where we pick...Dupree is decent and perhaps still has room to grow ....i say let us focus on true holes like FS and ILB ...and QB replacement and TE...and OL is needing some depth...age is  creeping at the LT position...The reality is TJ ..if we are honest with ourselves is no more a threat to the qb than Dupree is and i am sure we got TJ with the mindset of QB pressure and sacks..he has like 6 so does dupree....so really we might be saying the same thing about watt a year from not...

TJ has shown far better hand usage and overall technique than Dupree has ever shown.    TJ is also new to the position and still learning.

I agree with your general point, and yes, we have no idea how TJ will ultimately turn out....but Ive never been as impressed with Dupree in the NFL as I have been with TJ at times.   TJ is still most definitely a work in progress, but he kind of reminds me a bit of how Troy looked his rookie season.....a guy who showed boatloads of promise but needed more time.   Not saying TJ will reach the same levels Troy reached, but Im more optimistic about what Ive seen from TJ than Dupree.    Dont get me wrong, I did get excited about Dupree from an athleticism standpoint, but much like Jarvis, never showed any real development in regards to pass rush movies, block shedding or instinctual.    

I pushed for us to draft Lawson even after we drafted Watt in the first round (in large part because I thought TJ was better suited for ILB....but I wouldve still loved to have grabbed Lawson in the 3rd).   If we had done that, I think we would be in good shape.

12 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

His first game vs Cleveland was nice, but not as impressive as it looked on the stat sheet. 

Watt has some things to work on, but all Steeler fans should be optimistic.     Now we just need to find someone to put next to him, since Dupree IMO is not a quality starter.

Maybe so, and it was the Browns after all.  Watt will do whatever it takes to become an elite player imo.  I think we are in for a big treat over the next few years. 

Agree, Dupree has been disappointing, but given how much he is asked to drop, his speed is an asset in coverage and in the run game when he can get to the right spot.  He needs to keep getting better.  Don't know if he gets the 5th year option.  

I was not a proponent of Carl Lawson in Rds 1 or 2, but end of Rd. 3, yeah that should have been a no-brainer and was a miss for the FO.   We'll need to upgrade LBs in the 2018 draft yet again. 

3 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

Maybe so, and it was the Browns after all.  Watt will do whatever it takes to become an elite player imo.  I think we are in for a big treat over the next few years. 

Agree, Dupree has been disappointing, but given how much he is asked to drop, his speed is an asset in coverage and in the run game when he can get to the right spot.  He needs to keep getting better.  Don't know if he gets the 5th year option.  

I was not a proponent of Carl Lawson in Rds 1 or 2, but end of Rd. 3, yeah that should have been a no-brainer and was a miss for the FO.   We'll need to upgrade LBs in the 2018 draft yet again. 

agreed...

The girl in pic #2 is ridiculous. 

Im not sure why they need a LT ?  Al is what 29 ? easily get 3-4 years out of him. Same with Gilbert at 29. Have Hubbard  26 & drafted Hawkins 24. Draft talent if it is available but not an area of concern, Id be more interested in a replacement competition for Fosters spot. 

My mom got tickets to this game from a lady she used to work with and let me have em and take my buddy for Christmas. Next thing I know the Steelers are benching every body (and I don’t even get to watch Conner who went to my high school and college). I had to escape the 50 inches of snow in Erie to get down here (left today because they were expecting another foot today/tomorrow). My buddy has been sick all week. And it’s going to be a cold one against the Browns. 

Im just praying that no ones gets hurt and we don’t give the Browns their first win so I can at least pretend to be grateful when I see her after the game. 

10 hours ago, grubs10 said:

My mom got tickets to this game from a lady she used to work with and let me have em and take my buddy for Christmas. Next thing I know the Steelers are benching every body (and I don’t even get to watch Conner who went to my high school and college). I had to escape the 50 inches of snow in Erie to get down here (left today because they were expecting another foot today/tomorrow). My buddy has been sick all week. And it’s going to be a cold one against the Browns. 

Im just praying that no ones gets hurt and we don’t give the Browns their first win so I can at least pretend to be grateful when I see her after the game. 

I feel ya, but would you prefer to go to the game with the starters playing, not sure if we were playoff bound?   Would be more interesting but at least you can enjoy the game worry free.

Archived