Week 17: Bears (5-10) at VIKINGS (12-3)

swede700

Game 16

NFL_Bears1.gifat NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif

When: 12:00 PM CDT December 31st

Where: U.S. Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio);

Announcers: Kevin Burkhardt, Charles Davis

Coverage Map Link:  http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=17

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: LS Kevin McDermott (shoulder), C Pat Elflein (shoulder), DT Shamar Stephen (ankle), CB Tramaine Brock, Sr (foot)

Bears - Questionable: TE Adam Shaheen (chest), S DeAndre Houston-Carson (back), Doubtful: T Bobby Massie (knee), G Josh Sitton (ankle), Out: None

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

I_believe_I_can_fly.0.gif

I wish this wasn't a noon game, would be helpful to know if the Saints were winning or not or the Panthers/Falcons score. The Vikings basically have to play without knowing if any team that could lock down if they get 2nd spot or not. It's really odd for them not to have it, just need a win by the Saints, Falcons, or Rams to get the 2nd spot locked up. But I'd prefer if at least one of those games was a noon game, and it's kind of silly that one isn't, because it would be so many games that matter at the later time slot.

21 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Get in, take care of business, and get out with a W and no injuries.

Hard part is that the Bears defense is solid. Will be hard to pull away from them and have time to put the back-up in.

Only way I see many back-ups is the last drive or 2 of the game.

Unless they are up by 3 TDs at halftime, because regardless of the Bears defense, the Bears players may already have checked out, knowing that their coaching staff will likely be fired after the game.  

2 minutes ago, disaacs said:

Unless they are up by 3 TDs at halftime, because regardless of the Bears defense, the Bears players may already have checked out, knowing that their coaching staff will likely be fired after the game.  

The one thing going for them tho is they have a few young players. Players looking to continue to make this next years roster as starters when the new coaches come in to town.

But anything can happen with their situation. I am just glad this is a home game also. Our offense is so much better inside.

Let's just home the field doesn't come back to bite us with injuries.

Vikings -11.5, I can't recall a bigger line yet this year. Everything to play for vs. nothing to play for for the Bears. This one should be over by half and hopefully some bench players can get in there. Not ideal to have to play early when all the other games that affect you are late, but if you can't beat the Bears at home to lock up a bye, you don't deserve a bye.

No injuries is the only thing that matters.... 

With all the things that would need to happen to lose the #2 seed, getting the win doesn't really matter. No way the Rams lose to the 49ers or the Saints lose to the Bucs. 

If anyone is slightly banged up, don't play them. If Keenum takes more than a couple hits, get him out. 

17 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

No injuries is the only thing that matters.... 

With all the things that would need to happen to lose the #2 seed, getting the win doesn't really matter. No way the Rams lose to the 49ers or the Saints lose to the Bucs. 

If anyone is slightly banged up, don't play them. If Keenum takes more than a couple hits, get him out. 

Even if we knew that the Rams of Saints would lose, I want to see the Vikings win to clinch the #2 seed so that Carolina has nothing left to play for. Carolina having nothing to play for should result in an easier game for the Falcons; I want the Falcons in to keep the Seahawks out.

Archived