Week 17: Bears (5-10) at VIKINGS (12-3)

swede700

27 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Like I said in the first Bears thread, Kyle Fuller is good.

Eddie Jackson, their rookie safety has also played some damn good ball this year.

Their defense if they can somehow keep adding to it can be a dangerous weapon down the road.

Won't make a difference if Vic Fangio isn't there.  He's Zim, Jr.  Fuller was pretty much garbage (or at least non-descript) before Fangio arrived.  And there's no guarantee that the Bears will be able to bring back Fuller.  

7 minutes ago, disaacs said:

Won't make a difference if Vic Fangio isn't there.  He's Zim, Jr.  Fuller was pretty much garbage (or at least non-descript) before Fangio arrived.  And there's no guarantee that the Bears will be able to bring back Fuller.  

$15M franchise tag, with a ton of cap room after they dump all their junk salaries they have on the roster and the cap increase.

Very do-able for them to keep their best defensive player if they are unavailable to sign him long term. Basically would be taking over the Glennon contract.

12 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

The Bears sure do have a lot of guys on IR this year.

I think they should promote Vic Fangio and not just let him go. They could build something strong in Chicago with a good Head Coach.

Or they steal Shurmur from us and keep Fangio. That would be a disaster.

9 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

$15M franchise tag, with a ton of cap room after they dump all their junk salaries they have on the roster and the cap increase.

Very do-able for them to keep their best defensive player if they are unavailable to sign him long term. Basically would be taking over the Glennon contract.

But, even as well as Fuller has been playing, are you going to give a corner, with only 1 year of real production, that kind of deal?  I can't think so, as that would make him the highest paid CB in the league, as Josh Norman gets $15M on average.  You'd certainly have to have some protection...especially if they let Fangio go.  They do certainly have enough cap space (although amazingly enough, the Vikings still have significantly more).  

1 minute ago, disaacs said:

But, even as well as Fuller has been playing, are you going to give a corner, with only 1 year of real production, that kind of deal?  I can't think so, as that would make him the highest paid CB in the league, as Josh Norman gets $15M on average.  You'd certainly have to have some protection...especially if they let Fangio go.  They do certainly have enough cap space (although amazingly enough, the Vikings still have significantly more).  

Yes, 1 year deal as the highest paid. Goes that way a lot with players. Finally starting to figure it out.

I mean, people are talking about franchising Case for around $25M after only one year of production.

1 year at $15M for a CB coming off a great year isn't something you want to put yourself in, but you would hate to make a bad team worse by letting him walk. You will be looking at trying to lock him up $10-12 long term, but you may have to spend that extra $3-5 just to keep him for another year to get involved with new coaching

Part of that reason they even have less is all the old bad contracts. I believe the Vikings were stuck in that situation once, Bears are to the tail end of it and are working their way out.

2 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

No way the Rams lose to the 49ers or the Saints lose to the Bucs.

I agree with no way the Saints lose to the Bucs, but I could for sure see the 49ers beating the Rams. The 49ers are playing VERY well right now with Jimmy G. 

As for this game, I'd be shocked if we lost. But like we've been saying, the key is just to get out of there with a win, and avoid injuries. Play a solid game and go into the playoffs with momentum. 

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm not relying on any team to help us out.

New Orleans, Carolina and Los Angeles can do whatever. End of the day, if we can't beat Chicago in our own house when we know a bye is at stake, we don't deserve that bye.

Well said.

I'd like to see the Vikings come out firing and get a solid lead in the first half and let some of the young guys (and Teddy) get in the second half. The offense hasn't been clicking as smoothly the last few weeks so this game is important to tighten things up. 

15 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

I'd like to see the Vikings come out firing and get a solid lead in the first half and let some of the young guys (and Teddy) get in the second half. The offense hasn't been clicking as smoothly the last few weeks so this game is important to tighten things up. 

Very true. I keep forgetting that Chicago (somehow) does still have the 8th ranked defense in the league, so it'll be good practice for our offense, as we're still going against a solid defense. However, as for our defense, I want to see another shutout, I actually think that's realistic given we'll be at home, and going against the atrocious 30th ranked Bears on offense. 

22 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Sitting Pat out this week might not hurt a thing.

Get Isidora and Sirles in there with some time at guard in case we do end up needing both of them playing.

Get Pat healthy.

Pat doesn't play guard.

Or are you saying to move Berger to center?

Archived