Road to the Superbowl (Playoff Thread)

gopherwrestler

A lot of random talk going on all over about the playoffs and getting off subject from threads.

Now that we once again have made it to the Playoffs I think it is time we can start this thread.

Whats everyone's predictions on the NFC seedings?

Who do we want to see?

Who do we not want to see?

Here is a pretty easy viewing of all the situations for the NFC playoffs with next weeks games

DR8lqtCUIAAk3CP.jpg:large

I really don't want to see New Orleans or Carolina.  All the other teams I am confident the Vikings can match up well with.  I think with the Carolina game though, the Vikings had opportunities to put that game away, so I don't know that they scare me much either.  One I'm probably most afraid of is New Orleans.  Drew Brees always fires up during the post season.  

14 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

My preferred NFC outcome would be:

#1 Philly

#2 Min

#3 Rams

#4 NO

#5 Carolina

#6 ATL

NFC is scary business.

Any of these 6 team could make a run thru the playoffs.

The Falcons will need to beat the Panthers to secure the last playoff spot. If that happens, the rest of the NFC games don't really matter. The Rams and Saints would just be playing for third seed versus 4th seed.

17 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Yeah, that is a tough set of games. Carolina and New Orleans are both teams that really scare me. Atlanta and the Rams less so, and the Eagles not really because of Foles.

Saints and Rams scare me the most. Both teams have offenses that can score and they both play defense well.

i dont think Carolina wins in MN, outside of a couple uncharacteristically bad runs against this defense, it was an even game. We shut down Newton passing and outside of the fourth quarter run, contained him. Atlanta doesn't concern me much, that's a good matchup for MN.

Philly is not a threat but MN won't have a chance at playing them as they will lose in the divisional round.

I just don't want to face Carolina. Mobile QBs have had some success moving the ball on us.

Yes, we crushed GB and Cleveland, but Hundley and Kizer were able to escape pressure and make a play when a non mobile would not be able to. 

Cam Newton and the Panthers are a better team and aren't going to make the stupid mistakes that those other teams did. They can move the ball and put up points.

We have a great defense, and its going to be extremely unpopular to say anything that isn't about how head over heels great it is, but I do worry about Carolina.

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

I just don't want to face Carolina. Mobile QBs have had some success moving the ball on us.

Yes, we crushed GB and Cleveland, but Hundley and Kizer were able to escape pressure and make a play when a non mobile would not be able to. 

Cam Newton and the Panthers are a better team and aren't going to make the stupid mistakes that those other teams did. They can move the ball and put up points.

We have a great defense, and its going to be extremely unpopular to say anything that isn't about how head over heels great it is, but I do worry about Carolina.

Newton threw for under 140 yards and had about 70 rushing yards, despite a 60+ yard run.

if MN avoids giving up big runs, as they typically have, MN will be fine. That Stewart run was a fluke, the defense doesn't typically lose on a play that badly. 

Case Keenum threw 2 ints, that can't happen again.

3 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't worry about the Panthers at US Bank Stadium.  The Vikings essentially dominated the Panthers defensively outside of 2 plays.  They are the only NFC South team that doesn't concern me at all.

Thanks for this graphic! I like this a lot so we can see this plain and clear rather than having to dig around on the Playoff Machine. 

Personally for me, this is the list of teams I want to face the least, although I think we could definitely beat any one of these teams

1. Seattle- These guys scare me immensely, regardless of their record. Really don't want anything to do with them because they're known for pulling things out in the playoffs

2. Carolina- I personally can't stand Cam Newton, so I don't want to have to deal with him OR their strong defense

3. New Orleans- I understand this is a different team than the team we saw Week 1, but so are we, so I think we'd have a very good shot if we played them. 

4. Atlanta- These guys don't scare me as much. We beat them fair and square, and I think we match up well against them. 

5. L.A Rams- Jared Goff is good, I don't think he's going to be in the ranks of Wilson, Newton, Brees, and Ryan though. And the Rams have a very average defense

6. Philadelphia- Not the team they used to be a few weeks ago. They are free falling, and have gotten lucky against 2 sub-par teams

I'm not frightened of any of these teams anymore. The Saints are probably the biggest threat; we'll have to play a very good game to limit them on offense, but I expect us to do just that if we run into them. We know we can beat the Falcons and Rams convincingly, and to beat the Panthers we just have to do what we did the first time but with less mistakes. A game against the Eagles would likely be a defensive struggle with us having the edge. And I don't envision Seattle getting in. Even if they do, we are quite a bit better than we were two years ago; the Seahawks are not.

How convincing was the Rams win really? A fluke fumble at the one right before half time and a big catch and run by Thielen to finish it, the Rams very well could have won it. We made the plays but that's not guaranteed the second time around. With how LA dominated the Seahawks in Seattle, I'm worried they are better than when we last played them. 

Archived