GDT: Week 17 reasons to drink

Thomas5737

Poll title  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Question title

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

He's still been poo idc idc

He had his first good game because he's closer to the line of scrimmage.  I don't know where he's gonna be once Kindred comes back next year.

Jabril at SS and or  hybrid LB in some situations. no more retuning. 

Kindred at SS spelling Jabril or have CB SS LB LB SS CB type set up on 2nd and 8 situations v pass happy teams. 

Also against heavy personal you could us Kinred as a FS

5 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

He's still been poo idc idc

He had his first good game because he's closer to the line of scrimmage.  I don't know where he's gonna be once Kindred comes back next year.

Better hope he doesn’t make a sophomore jump like many other players....

In all seriousness, there’s a role for both of those guys and neither role is 25 yards from the LOS.

10 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Jabril at SS and or  hybrid LB in some situations. no more retuning. 

Kindred at SS spelling Jabril or have CB SS LB LB SS CB type set up on 2nd and 8 situations v pass happy teams. 

Also against heavy personal you could us Kinred as a FS

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Better hope he doesn’t make a sophomore jump like many other players....

In all seriousness, there’s a role for both of those guys and neither role is 25 yards from the LOS.

If we get more legs at CB we should play Jabrill closer.  I've convinced myself that Greg's whacked out defensive scheme is just a result of McCourty, Jamar Taylor, and BBC being completely outgunned from week 1.  I think corner is a bigger need than safety this off-season but a team like ours still couldn't really go wrong with BPA at any position.

3 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

If we get more legs at CB we should play Jabrill closer.  I've convinced myself that Greg's whacked out defensive scheme is just a result of McCourty, Jamar Taylor, and BBC being completely outgunned from week 1.  I think corner is a bigger need than safety this off-season but a team like ours still couldn't really go wrong with BPA at any position.

I'm pretty sure Williams kept a safety deep because our corners were such a liability as well. Why he kept him so deep, I have no idea. I do know Haden would have helped, and still can't believe we released him, and CB is a major need in the offseason.

11 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Don’t disagree, the talent/athleticism at CB is lacking and CB is a much bigger need.

7 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

I'm pretty sure Williams kept a safety deep because our corners were such a liability as well. Why he kept him so deep, I have no idea. I do know Haden would have helped, and still can't believe we released him, and CB is a major need in the offseason.

Our corners aren’t great, but they’re not that damned bad they need a fs 20 yards from the LOS, lets be reasonable here.

They also don’t need 12 yard cushions.

3 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

I'm ultimately happy that Haden got to play for a playoff team even if it is Pittsburgh, but I think the denial that he would have made a difference sort of crazy.  He's not a great or maybe even a good corner anymore, but he got a lot of use on another team.  Leaving our 4th corner spot to the void was really stupid, and I hate Hue's perpetual victim attitude but I understand the exasperation that cutting Haden, trading Davis, no vet QB could cause.  Those things effect your team, and especially when it comes to Haden, the players/coaches all seemed to hate that move.  Sashi was far from flawless.

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

I'm ultimately happy that Haden got to play for a playoff team even if it is Pittsburgh, but I think the denial that he would have made a difference sort of crazy.  He's not a great or maybe even a good corner anymore, but he got a lot of use on another team.  Leaving our 4th corner spot to the void was really stupid, and I hate Hue's perpetual victim attitude but I understand the exasperation that cutting Haden, trading Davis, no vet QB could cause.  Those things effect your team, and especially when it comes to Haden, the players/coaches all seemed to hate that move.  Sashi was far from flawless.

I won’t argue Haden, but he’s not much more than average at best.

Hue was given a vet, Brock Osweiler, who Hue didn’t want apparently.  

As far as Davis, our middle linebacker who took his place is a pro bowler so I can’t complain too much.

If Hue were half as good at coaching as he is making himself out to be a victim we’d really have something.

15 hours ago, dawgattack said:

Trust the defense? No way! It was 4th and 2 with under 2 minutes left in the game. It's not like we have the late 70's Steel Curtain defense. Coleman dropped an easy first down at the 11 yard line.

Yes Coleman SHOULD have caught the ball. Kizer threw a great pass to him. Historically with this epic 0-16 team, I trust our kicker more to make a fieldgoal within the 30 than I do Kizer to drive it in for a touchdown. I trust our D with 3 timeouts to force a 3 and out more than I trust Kizer to NOT throw a red zone INT. Again it is a mute point. If "Ifs" and "Buts" were candy and nuts everyday would be Christmas and we would be 1-15. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

5 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Sashi was far from flawless.

For sure, but cutting Haden wasn't one of them.

Hell, Haden and the rest of the team should have been singing Sashi's praise for getting a Joe chance to play for a contender.

Archived