Preparing for 0-16

brownie man

Sunday about 4:45 PM this will be a reality

But what does this mean?

does it make it better or worse that us and Detroit will have been the only teams to do so?

will you stop being a fan once we go 0-16? 

What will it do for your morale?

How will you stay positive?

I truly think these are serious questions at hand. 

I personally do think it makes it easier that Detroit did it before us. But at the same time it’s really going to suck. 

Will you go to the parade?

It's truly awful to go 0-16. The fans deserve so much better. Especially Cleveland. It helps that the Lions did it because a shared record never stands out as much as a lone record.

The positive you can take from it, if you really want to try and find one is that 0-16 will make the story that much sweeter when the Browns win the super bowl.

It's too early to answer. 

If Hue stays as coach, the effects of having 5 high draft choices is nullified. The 2017 season was due to a team suffering from drafts 3 or so years back PLUS the most obviously incompetent know nothing excuse coach ever in the NFL. if Hue has better players, he likely still would pass when running is the smarter play, etc. 

Best he is fired and goes to the Canadian Football League and unites with Johnny Mamziel. 

Hue wouldn't have anything intelligent to say and Johnny wouldn't listen to him any way. But they could throw long passes to their heart's content. 

I'm honestly not that surprised at this outcome - it's yet another symptom of Jimmy's absolutely inept organizational stewardship. I honestly became a bit disengaged and cynical/hopeless about the Browns around the Mangina era, and haven't really had high expectations for them since, so this is really just the natural culmination of having an owner even Worse than Lerner take over, and the idiot power structure he put in place with Sashi and Hue. At the end of the day, I'm so beat down that I don't really even see a difference between 0-16, 1-15 or 2-12, so who really cares? 

Our 2016-17 seasons in a nutshell.  New coach.  New GM.  New hope.

We've got this.  This rebuild is going to be rough, but we're going to get through it together.

1-oct-rb-4b.gif

No, no it is going to be so much better than it was before.  In fact, 

13521031.gif

September 2016

OK, so we've gotten off to a rough start.  There's always next week.  Or the next one.

tumblr_inline_oh6418CHnP1sndqw7_500.gif

OK, so we started out 0-14.  We crushed the Chargers last week.  We'll close out with a win....................Nope.  

Is Hue's middle name Chudzinski, by chance? No?  OK.  

OK, so 1-15 isn't so bad.  We've got the 1st pick of the draft.  We've got the quarterback whisperer as our head coach.  He'll replace Pep Hamilton, won't he?

32f19d5668e5af66960db8bd29f9e3f37be53a1d

Damn straight.  We're undefeated in the preseason.  Sashi, you are the MAN!  Look out AFC North, here we come.

ConsiderateOrneryKinglet-max-1mb.gif

Kizer struggled at the start of the season, and we're off to a slow start.  We're only 0-12.

DimAlertBaldeagle-size_restricted.gif

Yeah, 0-12.  But the defense has looked pretty good now that we've got our #1 pick onto the field after 6 weeks or so.

But I thought we were supposed to be so much better this year.

Nope.  Not yet.  

980x.gif

Hue, we trusted you to bring this team forward, and get them prepared to win.  You've failed to do that, and in fact, you threw Sashi Brown under the bus to save your own a@@

042717-hue-600.jpg

Sure, Jimmy Truckstop said that you're going to be back for 2018, but the new sheriff in town is very likely going to ensure that you are next on

qcSoqf6.gif

Unfortunately, while all this is going on, we're 5 days away from having to ask for paper at the grocery, because we're going to be

saints-lions-football-652270f54decd312.j

2018 has got to be better guys, right?!?  You can tell me the truth.  

20199483.gif

.....and despite all of our displeasure with what has transpired over the last couple years, and since Jimmy and Dee took over, and despite the threats that many of us have made to abandon all hope and stop rooting for this team, we know damned well that dared near every one of will be here next Monday, posting our newest mock drafts, and commenting on the decision that Dee and Jimmy make regarding our coaching staff.  

you-gonna-see-what-happen-next-gif.gif?r

Just like Mike Polk said in his infamous video.  "I'll see you Sunday."

13-reasons-why-clay-it-has-to-get-better

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

Sunday about 4:45 PM this will be a reality

But what does this mean?

does it make it better or worse that us and Detroit will have been the only teams to do so?

will you stop being a fan once we go 0-16? 

What will it do for your morale?

How will you stay positive?

I truly think these are serious questions at hand. 

I personally do think it makes it easier that Detroit did it before us. But at the same time it’s really going to suck. 

Will you go to the parade?

1. It means we are a really bad football team nothing more and nothing less

2. Its not better or worse it simply is what it is - an all time bad football team

3. I have lived in Steeler country for 25 years now and have not quit wearing Browns gear in public despite the atrocity on the field since 99. I lived through the betrayal by Art Modell and watched the Ravens go on to win a Super Bowl. If those things have not killed my loyalties then I doubt an 0-16 season will do the trick. Honestly there is no difference to me between an 0-16 team and a 3-13 team, suck is still suck and we suck. Same reason why I argue with Rod Johnson about being happy to go 7-9 to 9-7 maybe even seeing a 10-6 season once. It would be better sure, but it is still not winning.

4. Just the same as after last season when we went 1-15. It is no different

5. We have a lot of good draft picks and some good young talent on this team

33 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Anyone going to go to the parade if we lose. I would if I was in Cleveland. I hope the coaches and players have the balls to turn up....

Seriously thinking about it.

Thinking it might be cathartic.

I'm relatively indifferent to 0-16 as a whole. Now, if we keep Hue Jackson after going 1-15 and then following it up with regression to 0-16, then I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I may pull a @ditchdigger and try out Fan Agency. I may pick a team that I hate just to see if I'm partly at fault and see if somehow I put a hex on them and they go completely in the dumpster.

Archived