Preparing for 0-16

brownie man

I knew this was a possibility when the Colts whooped us without Andrew Luck. I blame Hue, Jimmy, and the front office. However, the players need to have some ******* pride in themselves as a professional and play like it.

I don’t buy the garbage that they play hard every week. Bad teams that do play hard don’t go 0-15. Maybe they play quick to avoid injury, but I’m not buying that other narrative. We have guys that quit when things get tough.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t buy the garbage that they play hard every week. Bad teams that do play hard don’t go 0-15. Maybe they play quick to avoid injury, but I’m not buying that other narrative. We have guys that quit when things get tough.

More material for me to ultimately attribute to bad coaching. That’s who that falls on. List is getting long for things to put on Hue.

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

More material for me to ultimately attribute to bad coaching. That’s who that falls on. List is getting long for things to put on Hueball.

fify

I do not doubt that the players are playing hard...I watch them do that.

What I doubt is whether they are being put in positions to win which, to your point, goes right to coaching.

On 12/27/2017 at 3:20 AM, brownie man said:

1 Sunday about 4:45 PM this will be a reality

2 But what does this mean?

3 does it make it better or worse that us and Detroit will have been the only teams to do so?

4 will you stop being a fan once we go 0-16? 

5 What will it do for your morale?

6 How will you stay positive?

7 I truly think these are serious questions at hand. 

8 I personally do think it makes it easier that Detroit did it before us. But at the same time it’s really going to suck. 

9 Will you go to the parade?

1 And I will suffer through it again, this time with a hangover due to it starting at 6:45 AM on New years' morning here in Okinawa

2 Means nothing at this point - we aren't the first to do it, probably won't be the last, and we have been a laughing stock for a long time now anyways so what is one more thing? 

3 Neither 

4 Of course not - I have never and will never stop being a fan. I often answer, when asked why I am a Browns fan still, that there was a 3 year period were there were no Browns and nothing is as bad as that was. I stopped watching football during those years. 

5 At this point, nothing. We are where we are. It can only get better and i do believe we are set to begin an upward trend.

6 We still have a team!

7 Meh

8 Like i said above, we weren't the first and are already ridiculed so this means nothing really. 

9 Unlikely given the time/space issue between here and where it is :)

To me, anything between 0 and 5 wins is pretty much the same thing: A complete and utter failure of a season. So really whether or not we won 0 games or 5 games doesn't mean much of a difference, other than we are assured the top player in the draft. If you're going to be bad, it's better to be THIS bad.

I'm not that concerned with the stigma of going 0-16. We have a lot of young talent on the roster and have an insane amount of assets to turn this thing around. We should be the most optimistic fan base right now considering the ammunition we have to stockpile our team with young talent. We have to get the right people in the draft room (I think we have at least competency there now), but this thing should turn around. 31 other NFL franchises would be able to do it. I can't believe the statistical improbability of another GM coming in here and bombing so hard.

Archived