Throw the House at Cousins

bigbadbuff23835

What could we presumably offer him? We aren’t gonna get one of the top QB’s in the draft without trading up, and I’d rather sign Cousins and save the assets and get more weapons, and improve the pass rush. 

We are fringe playoff tean as is, Cousins would be awesome. He’s had another pretty good season with nothing really, and an offensive line that has to be remade on an almost weekly basis.

It would certainly be interesting and, as you said, it would allow us to add a lot more talent in the draft. I don't hate the idea and I think that Kirk with a strong run game, which he's lacked in all of his time in Washington, could be really dangerous. I doubt we end up with him but we should be a relatively attractive destination and we should have a good amount of cap space after trading/cutting a lot of big earners. 

23 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

It would certainly be interesting and, as you said, it would allow us to add a lot more talent in the draft. I don't hate the idea and I think that Kirk with a strong run game, which he's lacked in all of his time in Washington, could be really dangerous. I doubt we end up with him but we should be a relatively attractive destination and we should have a good amount of cap space after trading/cutting a lot of big earners. 

I'd like to see Cousins in a Bills uni, but am concerned with what signing him would do to future Caps. I could see it hand-cuffing us and unable to keep keep players in other positions past the 1st year. He's been jerked around so much, I could see him resistant to taking pay cuts later or even signing a team-friendly contract.

2 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

I'd like to see Cousins in a Bills uni, but am concerned with what signing him would do to future Caps. I could see it hand-cuffing us and unable to keep keep players in other positions past the 1st year. He's been jerked around so much, I could see him resistant to taking pay cuts later or even signing a team-friendly contract.

We can front load the Contract which will help us long term. 

Adding say Cousins and Lotulelei and having another solid draft and we're staring down a potential AFC East divisional win imo. We NEED to upgrade that pass rush and LB core through the draft.

I was really against this in the summer but with how well coached our defense is and Shady really showing no signs of slowing down, I would be all for it. 

Cousins and Benjamin could be a really deadly combo in the redzone and moving the sticks. Add a guy like James Washington in round 1 or 2 and the offense could take off. 

As you have all mentioned, we need major help on the DL and at LB. Would love to see Cousins added, Brown re-signed (McDermott loves him) and then draft Washington, Vea or Wilkson and in round 2 go best DE available then Jewell/Allen.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I was really against this in the summer but with how well coached our defense is and Shady really showing no signs of slowing down, I would be all for it. 

Cousins and Benjamin could be a really deadly combo in the redzone and moving the sticks. Add a guy like James Washington in round 1 or 2 and the offense could take off. 

As you have all mentioned, we need major help on the DL and at LB. Would love to see Cousins added, Brown re-signed (McDermott loves him) and then draft Washington, Vea or Wilkson and in round 2 go best DE available then Jewell/Allen.

Agreed.

Sign Kirk Cousins. Then draft and pick up in FA a DT and pass rusher.

Shady, Cousins, Benjamin, Clay, Zay Jones with our OL would be a niiiiiicce offense.

Then improve the front 4 to help our our top 3 secondary and we look very solid.

What do you all think of this projected Cousins deal I came up with?

Bills sign Kirk Cousins to a 5 year $130 million deal with $71 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $20 million (Signing bonus prorated throughout the final 4 years of the deal)

Year 1: $25m base salary (cap hit of $25m) - $25 million guaranteed
Year 2: $29m base salary (cap hit of 34m) - $18 million guaranteed
Year 3: $27m base salary (cap hit of 32m) - $18 million guaranteed
Year 4: $22m base salary (cap hit of 27m) - $5 million guaranteed 
Year 5: $22m base salary (cap hit of 27m) - $5 million guaranteed

The contract could be seen as a 3 year deal worth $71 million guaranteed ($101 million in practical guarantees) and if the Bills needed to move on, they could after year 3 while only eating $10 million in dead cap. Cousins gets the big pay day ($20 million right away and another $25 million for the season) and the Bills don't blow up the cap to bring him in. Both sides could re-negotiate after year two to raise his salary should they be successful.

On 28/12/2017 at 4:50 PM, The BILLievers said:

Agreed.

Sign Kirk Cousins. Then draft and pick up in FA a DT and pass rusher.

Shady, Cousins, Benjamin, Clay, Zay Jones with our OL would be a niiiiiicce offense.

Then improve the front 4 to help our our top 3 secondary and we look very solid.

Our OL is garbage bro

Tyrod rarely has time but makes place with his legs. We need a LT, RT and RG this upcoming off season imo

Archived