TARFT: New Forum, New Thread

LeeEvans

This thread is for all the non-football chat. 

Anyone out in the Nashville area? I'm visiting down there again in September and I'm looking for some places that might not be known to many tourists including food/bars/hiking or whatever else. 

10 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Should probably pin this too. 

I'm getting a promotion at work and I'm going to be interviewing for an underling soon. Quite a turnaround of events to be honest. 

I honestly have no idea how to do any of the mod things on this new forum, I should probably look into that.

Congrats! I would love to have someone to boss around. It looks like I'm going to be getting a new position with a pretty big raise too and if that goes through I'll be looking to buy a house soon after, could be a busy couple of months here. 

Just now, LeeEvans said:

I honestly have no idea how to do any of the mod things on this new forum, I should probably look into that.

Congrats! I would love to have someone to boss around. It looks like I'm going to be getting a new position with a pretty big raise too and if that goes through I'll be looking to buy a house soon after, could be a busy couple of months here. 

I bought my first place last September. 

Be prepared for the unexpected. 

41 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

I bought my first place last September. 

Be prepared for the unexpected. 

Ha that seems to be the general consensus that I've heard from everyone who has recently bought a house. I'm not particularly looking forward to continuing my long commute into DC for the foreseeable future but I don't want to live in DC and places are so damn expensive anyway.  

I'm currently into the third week of my training for the Guangzhou marathon. I've ran 4 half marathons before, but never the full. I'm wondering if anyone on here has done a full and what their experience of it was?

59 minutes ago, kempus said:

I'm currently into the third week of my training for the Guangzhou marathon. I've ran 4 half marathons before, but never the full. I'm wondering if anyone on here has done a full and what their experience of it was?

I'm considering doing a marathon next year or in 2019. I've done a half myself as well as several 10ks. Good luck with the marathon, I've been told its much worse than just twice a half!

Also what's the air quality like? 

8 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

I'm considering doing a marathon next year or in 2019. I've done a half myself as well as several 10ks. Good luck with the marathon, I've been told its much worse than just twice a half!

Also what's the air quality like? 

Yeah, I think it's going to be pretty tough. Thanks, I'm probably going to need it haha. Luckily, I'm going to be running it with a couple of friends of mine, which makes it a lot easier.

Currently it's fine. It's not until the Autumn that it starts to get grim. Doesn't actually get that bad where I am, though. At least relative to other places in China.The heat it tough atm, though. Still 30+ degrees at 9pm.

21 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Yeah I can probably do a few. I'll need a decent amount of time to complete mine though, I've been really busy lately.

Yeah that's no problem.

Like I said they will be fairly basic.

Two commentary sections really 1) Summer activity 2) Preview of next season.

35 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Yeah that's no problem.

Like I said they will be fairly basic.

Two commentary sections really 1) Summer activity 2) Preview of next season.

Sounds good to me. I can definitely do a handful of clubs, I don't mind doing mostly mid to lower table clubs.