TARFT: New Forum, New Thread

LeeEvans

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

Played decently well in my 7s league game tonight.  They finally let me play in the back where I know what I'm doing.  Did come inches from a goal though.

I miss playing soccer. All I do now is ultimate frisbee which I actually enjoy more but I still miss the occasional game. I'm absolutely terrible at soccer now though, I was kicking around with some people recently and it just felt completely alien to me. 

On 3/26/2018 at 6:32 AM, texans_uk said:

I need to get back into 11 a side. 6 a side is fun, but it's not the same. 

I really don't find it fun. Maybe the people I just play with suck but it just seems like kicking it around with no plans or tactics. Soccer is meant to be played on a full field and anything else is disappointing.

On 01/04/2018 at 5:58 PM, teamorange said:

I really don't find it fun. Maybe the people I just play with suck but it just seems like kicking it around with no plans or tactics. Soccer is meant to be played on a full field and anything else is disappointing.

It's fun because you are always in the game, as long as you have some shape. 

You can go for ages without touching the ball in 11 a side. 

• 1 month later...
On Thu May 17 2018 at 2:38 PM, texans_uk said:

Apologies for my absence, two stags in two weeks (2nd being my own) has broken me.

Congrats ha. Jesus, I have to write off the next day after only a few beers nowadays ha. Getting older/small child/poor Chinese beer quality aren't a good mix.

On 5/21/2018 at 8:00 PM, kempus said:

Congrats ha. Jesus, I have to write off the next day after only a few beers nowadays ha. Getting older/small child/poor Chinese beer quality aren't a good mix.

I'm getting to be the same way. There has to be something real special to get crazy these days.

I'm close to buying a house and that whole process is crazy, getting old is weird.

Congrats @texans_uk!

On 23/05/2018 at 2:31 PM, LeeEvans said:

I'm getting to be the same way. There has to be something real special to get crazy these days.

I'm close to buying a house and that whole process is crazy, getting old is weird.

Congrats @texans_uk!

Getting old sucks. I'm not even 30 and I'm a broken man. Went out last night, had around 7 or so beers. Absolute wreck today.

5 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Getting old sucks. I'm not even 30 and I'm a broken man. Went out last night, had around 7 or so beers. Absolute wreck today.

Yup, I'm 28 and I'm about the same haha. I can still throw 'em back pretty well but the next day is just a complete disaster.