Week 17: Dallas at Philly - Exhibition Game. Let's get this crap over with

WizardHawk

Breaking code again, as I start another GDT. But, who cares. This season has sucked. 

Dallas looks like they will get a jump start on 2018 and possibly play a bunch of young guys. Those clamoring for Rush will most likely get your chance to wet the bed over him. Hopefully will get to see more snaps for Brown, Swaim, Switz, Jarwin, Lewis Neal, Taco, and Co.

Philly still determining whether starters will see time or not. I suspect they'll play 1st half or at least part of it. 

Dallas is currently sitting at #19 for draft. 

#19 is not a bad spot to be in. Imo we don't need a whole lot roster wise. Perfect year to trade up, and 19 is within striking distance to do that. Plus 19 is a good spot to get those elite off the LOS LBs if we do stay put.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Just to give an idea of the recent talent available in the 18-20 range:

2017 19th pick: TE OJ Howard

2016 19th pick: DE Shaq Lawson

2015 18th pick: CB Marcus Peters

2014 20th pick: WR Brandon Cooks

I'd be happy with just about any of the four. 

I hope Butler is healthy so we can bench Dez. While we're at it, just bench Beasley/TWill and start Switzer/Brown.  Wouldn't hurt to get Jarwin more snaps.  A message needs to be sent so they have something to think about during the offseason. Bench Dak, too.   Who am I kidding, Garrett doesn't have the cojones to do this.

7 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

I hope Butler is healthy so we can bench Dez. While we're at it, just bench Beasley/TWill and start Switzer/Brown.  Wouldn't hurt to get Jarwin more snaps.  A message needs to be sent so they have something to think about during the offseason. Bench Dak, too.   Who am I kidding, Garrett doesn't have the cojones to do this.

Jerry said Rush is likely to get snaps...I doubt we see Dak at all.

23 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

giphy.gif

You guys don't want them to play? Winning at the end of the year can be big, just look at the way the Eagles ended last year and how it could have affected the current year. It isn't like losing is really going to help you much in the draft as is, and it is possible you win without them anyways.

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You guys don't want them to play? Winning at the end of the year can be big, just look at the way the Eagles ended last year and how it could have affected the current year. It isn't like losing is really going to help you much in the draft as is, and it is possible you win without them anyways.

There is a certain level of risk/reward I'm willing to play with. The health of my building blocks moving forward in a completely meaningless game isn't one of them. 

Just now, WizardHawk said:

There is a certain level of risk/reward I'm willing to play with. The health of my building blocks moving forward in a completely meaningless game isn't one of them. 

To each their own. The only way to develop a winning culture is to win imo.

Either way, this should be a boring game with lots of backups playing on both teams. We beat you guys last year cause your backups played, I expect to see the same happen in reverse here.

Archived