Spriggs

Pugger

46 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

yeah I am actually pretty comfortable with our OL. Bakh and Bulaga will start next year, Spriggs will start on the PUP but Murphy and McCray will be swingers. I imagine we keep Linsley as he has played himself out of a big contract, but he is still good enough to start. Evans has another year left, and Taylor is there. I feel comfortable with those 7

Put me in the camp of 'take a mid-round OT'. We need more depth on the OL after losing so much starting talent these past two years to FA, and Bulaga and Spriggs are no sure bets to come back as starting talent. I like McCray, and wouldn't be shocked to see him step in at RG or RT next year, but we need more depth. 

13 minutes ago, blankman0021 said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

yeah I am actually pretty comfortable with our OL. Bakh and Bulaga will start next year, Spriggs will start on the PUP but Murphy and McCray will be swingers. I imagine we keep Linsley as he has played himself out of a big contract, but he is still good enough to start. Evans has another year left, and Taylor is there. I feel comfortable with those 7

Put me in the camp of 'take a mid-round OT'. We need more depth on the OL after losing so much starting talent these past two years to FA, and Bulaga and Spriggs are no sure bets to come back as starting talent. I like McCray, and wouldn't be shocked to see him step in at RG or RT next year, but we need more depth. 

I was speaking more to the I don't want one in the first couple rounds. I absolutely support taking one in the 3rd-5th. Would love a 4th round college LT turned guard

7 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

speculation is a patellar tendon tear for Spriggs,

Sometimes there is a link between having a hamstring injury and then a patellar tendon injury

That's a bad injury for NFL players .. not sure if the return rate is better for Olineman of not, but it's ruined a lot of careers in the NFL.  This article below offers some hope for that particular injury.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000716595/article/torn-patellar-tendon-no-longer-a-career-death-knell

1 hour ago, MNPackfan32 said:

We really burned through like 15 RT's this year. I'm not even mad, I'm impressed. That's a lot, even for the PackIR's. 

Imagine if this team would stay *somewhat* healthy one year. Breaks my GD heart knowing it will never happen.

That is what really stings about 2014, GB was pretty healthy that season.

Just now, squire12 said:

That is some great news.  Couple month recovery and he should be good to go for OTA and all of summer work.  

that is good news and makes sense for how it looked. leg almost look like it locked up. Makes a lot of sense for what happened. Glad he avoided patellar tendon injuries.

Archived