Spriggs

Pugger

2 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

This is great news. He can start while Bulaga starts on the PUP,  woooooo!

He can start and lock that spot up for the next few years.  Bulaga can return from PUP and be the swing OL.  Might even be something that prolongs his career with a move to OG and serves as a backup OT when needed

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

He can start and lock that spot up for the next few years.  Bulaga can return from PUP and be the swing OL.  Might even be something that prolongs his career with a move to OG and serves as a backup OT when needed

Bulaga doesn't make crazy banks, IIRC. But still that would be a damn expensive swing tackle methinks.

9 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Bulaga doesn't make crazy banks, IIRC. But still that would be a damn expensive swing tackle methinks.

Bulaga is up after 2018.  For a swing tackle it is more than what you would like, but when looking at the OL as a whole, the entire starting 5 would not be making that much. 

Based on Spotrac positional spending, GB is #22 in spending on the OL in 2017.  If Linsley and Evans are resigned, they are not adding that much in overall $$ to the 2018 total (GB currently at #15 in OL spending for 2018)

I would just view Bulaga as a very nice piece that has experience at both OT spots and could move inside to prolong his career.  Looking beyond 2018, that all depends on his health, his play and what he is looking for in contract/playing situation.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/2018/offensive-line/active-cap/

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Bulaga is up after 2018.  For a swing tackle it is more than what you would like, but when looking at the OL as a whole, the entire starting 5 would not be making that much. 

Based on Spotrac positional spending, GB is #22 in spending on the OL in 2017.  If Linsley and Evans are resigned, they are not adding that much in overall $$ to the 2018 total (GB currently at #15 in OL spending for 2018)

I would just view Bulaga as a very nice piece that has experience at both OT spots and could move inside to prolong his career.  Looking beyond 2018, that all depends on his health, his play and what he is looking for in contract/playing situation.

Bulaga is actually signed through 2019.

Cut this offseason: $3.2 million in dead cap in 2018 & $1.6 dead cap in 2019, $8.4 cap hit savings = $5.2 actually saved in 2018, $6.8 actually saved in 2019 if cut before 2018.

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

A tad expensive for a swing tackle.  Those are generally players on rookie contracts or smaller veteran contracts.  IF Spriggs locks down the RT position in his return, he'll get a chance to go inside to guard.  Probably gone after next year though.  Possible cap casualty this offseason.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

A tad expensive for a swing tackle.  Those are generally players on rookie contracts or smaller veteran contracts.  IF Spriggs locks down the RT position in his return, he'll get a chance to go inside to guard.  Probably gone after next year though.  Possible cap casualty this offseason.

Agree he would be expensive for swing tackle.  I look at the OL as a whole and GB would be in the mid range of the league for positional spending in 2018.  

2019 is another matter, but Spriggs at RT would still be on a rookie deal, Linsley is not going to command a huge salary and Taylor is reasonable as well.

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

That makes more sense. It would only be one year, then if you keep him, so be it. I'm not sure what BB's market would be after,  but I have a feeling it would be decent enough that I'd pass at swing tackle, but maybe not. Guard is interesting.......I'm not sure I trust the body anymore no matter what he plays TBH.

Archived