2017 Packers Training Camp General Discussion

CWood21

23 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Notes from training camp.

• Davon House and Ladarius Gunter on the outside with Damarious Randall in the slot in the nickel.
  • Fumbles from the backfield. Aaron Jones dropped one with zero contact and Ty dropped a pitch.
  • Vogel averaged over 50 yards per punt with an average of 4.3 seconds of hangtime.
  • Starting O-line. Bakh, Taylor, Linsley, Evans, Bulaga
  • Herb Waters left late with injury
  • Morgan Burnett and Josh Jones seeing a lot of time at LB

If Vogel continues to punt like that, he's the hands-down winner of the punter gig.

11 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Whatever this is supposed to mean...

He founded a production company called The Imagination Agency which produces kid's entertainment content like apps and stuff, I also think just published a kid's book. It seems pretty cool, he's a pretty smart guy and seems to have a lot of interests. It reminds me of A.Rodg, actually, he's a little odd in kind of the same way. 

http://www.theimaginationagency.com/

7 hours ago, CheeseheadinMA said:

He founded a production company called The Imagination Agency which produces kid's entertainment content like apps and stuff, I also think just published a kid's book. It seems pretty cool, he's a pretty smart guy and seems to have a lot of interests. It reminds me of A.Rodg, actually, he's a little odd in kind of the same way. 

http://www.theimaginationagency.com/

I honestly had no idea. That's pretty cool though. 

On 7/26/2017 at 10:35 PM, CWood21 said:

I think that might be the best part of the preseason is just all he brings.

And it's so foreign for a Ted Thomson era Packer. I don't get into it as much as some but I'll be damned if he isn't entertaining

I'd like to make at least one this year. I always leave with one or two indelible memories: How little Jamaal Reynolds was, how big Josh Sitton was, Matthews flipping to the inside just before the snap to begin his second season, Charles Woodson looking smooth as silk in backpedal drills...

In 2 minute drill King at CB ahead of Gunter and Lowry inside rusher with Daniels

In 2-minute drill Rodgers rolls left and hits Bennett for TD on final play.

After a big completion to Geronimo Allison, Brett Hundley put No. 2 offense in end zone with a 3yd TD pass to Trevor Davis #Packers

CB LaDarius Gunter having rough start to camp. Struggled yesterday, just gave up TD from Brett Hundley to Trevor Davis in 2 minute.

CB Damarious Randall makes nice play picking off underthrow from Brett Hundley to Trevor Davis. Not sure if bad pass or route.

Morgan Burnett lots of work at ILB with 1s, same for Josh Jones with 2s

Brett Hundley threads to Jeff Janis, no window. Gunter and Randall collide playing ball. Gunter gets INT, Randall was slow getting up.

Davis returner with No. 1 KOR unit

Clinton-Dix baits Rodgers on scramble play. Laid in the weeds and jumped in front of Martellus Bennett for the INT.

Clinton-Dix only gets one foot down before going OB on potential 2nd INT.

Also don't know how either Yancey or Dupri have any kind of shot over Davis/Allison/Janis.  Wouldn't even be surprised if Allison didn't make it.  Nelson/Adams/Cobb/Janis/Davis is my bet with maybe one of the other three making it. 

Just now, packerrfan74 said:

I think he will hang on, on special teams value alone, but Janis is the guy on the bubble with a spot to lose.

lol

People said the same thing last year.  It wasn't true then and it's not true now.

Archived