2017 Packers Training Camp General Discussion

CWood21

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

From his presser today:

"I go back to the Super Bowl year, it took 77 players to win that Super Bowl. You don’t win in this league with 53 players. We always talk about the 63 because it’s the 53 plus the 10 practice squad players and then you’re probably going to be another 10 or 15 above that at the end of the ride. So the opportunity to continue coaching players a week longer is a benefit for everybody. It’s a benefit for the player, it’s a benefit for the club, it definitely makes your team better." 

— coach Mike McCarthy

Quotemaster, 

You should post Mac's words on the three types of players in the NFL. I thought that was pretty insightful in terms of evaluating professional athletes from the comfort of my couch.

3 minutes ago, CentralFC said:

pad level, only won one super bowl, defense, consERvaTive!, one super bowl.

argue me.

Are you confusing me with the other poster? I like Mac, always laugh when him and TT get no credit or next to no credit. Also our rivals seem to think we should have way more despite for them combining for 150 years or so and only one.

Just now, PackyAttacky said:

Are you confusing me with the other poster? I like Mac, always laugh when him and TT get no credit or next to no credit. Also our rivals seem to think we should have way more despite for them combining for 150 years or so and only one.

Gosh yes. 

I'm a big fan of Mac, for a number of reasons.

sigh

6 hours ago, driftwood said:

i really dont see any reason AR takes another snap this preseason honestly... he can get his reps in practice without being exposed to getting hit... i would also add a few more vets to that list as well. the dress rehearsal stuff doesn't make sense for proven vets at this point.... get those younger guys the extra reps heading into final cut day

Well by all accounts he's gonna get reps in @ Denver this weekend. He's been taking the snaps with the 1's this week

Archived