2017 Packers Training Camp General Discussion

CWood21

TE Lance Kendricks is stoked to be in GB...TC interview from zach kruse

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/28/packers-te-lance-kendricks-excited-for-fresh-start-with-aaron-rodgers/

"New Green Bay Packers tight end Lance Kendricks spent his first six NFL seasons shuffling through quarterbacks and always ending his year in Week 17. Kendricks never played in a playoff game with the Rams organization. In fact, the Rams never won more than 7 games in a single season over Kendricks’ 6 years.

The Rams won just 32 total games between 2011 and 2016"

( The Packers won 66 games in same time frame, playoffs not included)

2 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

What are the differences between Janis and Davis?

Janis is a grown *** man on specials.

Davis is a jitterbug with decent slot and PR potential but isn't ever going to grow six inches and put on 30 pounds while retaining his speed. 

9 hours ago, CentralFC said:

Bet Norm's over the moon with this Vogel news :P

Still seems like things are too fast for Davis. Hopefully he shows up here in training camp, because if Dupre or Yancey do, Davis might be out of a job. 

Haha. Sounds good so far. But like HZ said, it's just camp.

I also didn't mean he would be a liability at PR over that. I was just throwing it out there.

Stopped into camp Saturday morning, always a good time. The competition between OL and DL, specifically Bahk and Daniels was great. Lane Taylor was seriously impressive blocking Daniels in 1-1. His second rep vs Daniels he had him pancaked. The whole first team OL just looked great. I don't recall a real losing rep for any of them. Bahk and Bulaga handled Matthews and Perry. Taylor and Evans handled Clark and Daniels. Linsley is so strong. He wasn't challenged either. Then they went out in halfline and pushed them around again, Ty made some great cuts, so did Williams. Big drop off from those two at RB. Ty needs to get his pass blocking down, but he looks great everywhere else.

No WR stood out. I dont really recall a bad drop. Competition is good, the fringe guys like Dupree, Janis, Allison, Davis and Yancey all did their jobs. No one had a wow play though. That went to Rollins, awesome diving INT in the end zone. He's not going to give Randall that spot without a fight.

From a punting standpoint, yet to see anything that tells me I should be concerned. Vogul punted and held well again.

Not to look to other places but since conversation there is way different....

Check the sticked camp thread on Reddit every afternoon. I am not sure you'll find anything else as well complied while also being quick and convenient...and organized by  D, O, ST, injuries, coach comments.

I'd steal it every day but I'd have to reformat it and I'm lazy.

22 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Janis is a grown *** man on specials.

Davis is a jitterbug with decent slot and PR potential but isn't ever going to grow six inches and put on 30 pounds while retaining his speed. 

Thats kind of what I was leading in to. I don't see Davis on this final 53, even with Allison suspended week 1. I'm not sure I see him on it either. I don't understand why Janis hasn't taken another step. Very frustrating because the size and speed are there.

On 7/30/2017 at 11:01 AM, CWood21 said:

Because Packers football is back?

Really hoping Vogel can be our punter for the next decade.  I'm tired of using mediocre punters, but I'm tempering my expectations.

They seem pretty set on him, I mean there is no competition for him right?

23 hours ago, CentralFC said:

Cobb would be a boon for field position. Dupre taking gunner snaps, too. 

Allison in the news at all?

I am not finding much WR stuff this year in general. I dunno if the reporters are bored of bombs and belts or what. I was really looking forward to seeing who steps up next after the top 3 and Allison, but isn't much to go on. Heck other than a tweet here or there I am not finding much Bennett stuff either.

3 hours ago, PackyAttacky said:

They seem pretty set on him, I mean there is no competition for him right?

Conventional wisdom would say so, but remember last year when it looked like Masthay vs Mortell before Mortell got cut. Then we cut Masthay like a week later before signing Schum to replace him. If Vogel is underwhelming and a decent punter gets cut elsewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if Ted pulls the trigger.

Archived