2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

How exactly does the carry over work? I honestly have no idea. At least we know that McCowns 10, and Mos 7 are and other Mos 7ish will be gone too. We will be able to do what we want again. 

Any remaining cap space from this year would literally just get rolled over into next off-season. And that would be on top of the added cap from the things you mentioned. Could easily have another $90M in cap again next year.

21 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

That’s not factoring in extensions for Leo/Quincy and replacing Claiborne.

I think Macc will still spend some more money before the draft, just don’t see him wanting to take on a player from another team on an inflated contract.

As of now, projected at least at 70+ per OTC.  Leo won't be an FA next year; he'll get his 5th year option.  Q extension will depend on the year he has this year.

I believe Jets are either close to or meeting the cash spending of 2018.   Jets have about 36m cap space after rookie salary. None of current FA signings will spike up in 2019 cap salary.  Jets aren't required to carry over of 36m or 26m (Bridgewater fully starting) to 2019 if everything goes in right direction.  Otherwise, Jets will file out the carryover requirement for NFL to make it official.

Basically, it is not our (fans) concern about cap room. If Jets need to spend more then they may need the carryover to avoid heavy signing bonus while improving the cap room.  Not a problem.

4 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Pryor, Anderson, Kearse, and Enunwa. If Pryor sign & Enunwa is healthy, things will get interesting. 

That is a very solid group of 2s and 3s, with potentially 3 of them being 2s. Might even be a more cost effective way of having a pretty solid receiving group. We'll obviously see what Pryor signs for.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

That is a very solid group of 2s and 3s, with potentially 3 of them being 2s. Might even be a more cost effective way of having a pretty solid receiving group. We'll obviously see what Pryor signs for.

Getting Pryor could help he is worth a shot.

What are your guys thoughts on Nyheim Hines from NC State. Would probably have to be 3rd round and we probably can't afford this luxury, but it was reported we had a TON of interest in McKinnon. I think this guy would be a nice compliment to our current RBs. Would prob mean Powell is gone though.

21 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I believe Jets are either close to or meeting the cash spending of 2018.   Jets have about 36m cap space after rookie salary. None of current FA signings will spike up in 2019 cap salary.  Jets aren't required to carry over of 36m or 26m (Bridgewater fully starting) to 2019 if everything goes in right direction.  Otherwise, Jets will file out the carryover requirement for NFL to make it official.

Basically, it is not our (fans) concern about cap room. If Jets need to spend more then they may need the carryover to avoid heavy signing bonus while improving the cap room.  Not a problem.

we one real draft pick left after our # 3 pick. So I really don't have any idea what will happen before the draft as far as picking  up another player.

3 hours ago, rampantjet said:

He's worth checking out due to his physical tools, but man he doesn't really play as well as you'd like him to being that gifted.  

I love him as a number #2 and his potential to be a #1. He's a receiving threat and is projected to be picked in the right round range for us. His size is great, but it's ability to make plays as a WR and from the backfield impresses me the most. If he can work on pass blocking and being consistent, he can be a beast. 

13 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I love him as a number #2 and his potential to be a #1. He's a receiving threat and is projected to be picked in the right round range for us. His size is great, but it's ability to make plays as a WR and from the backfield impresses me the most. If he can work on pass blocking and being consistent, he can be a beast. 

I don't know man, I went back and watched some of his games.  He is pretty rough, unless he has a hole to burst through up the middle, moving laterally he is basically useless.  Also he was replaced by a guy who is most likely going to be an UDFA, who averaged more ypc in rushing and receiving, meanwhile this kid ran a 4.7 at the combine and was pretty rough in every other metric as well.  I think there are guys I would be more interested in than Ballage.

Archived