2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

29 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I don't know man, I went back and watched some of his games.  He is pretty rough, unless he has a hole to burst through up the middle, moving laterally he is basically useless.  Also he was replaced by a guy who is most likely going to be an UDFA, who averaged more ypc in rushing and receiving, meanwhile this kid ran a 4.7 at the combine and was pretty rough in every other metric as well.  I think there are guys I would be more interested in than Ballage.

His rushing is what I meant to say needs to be consistent. I think he's a 5th-7th round pick and I wouldn't mind taking a shot at him. Basically is the project of RBs. If we went another direction, it's cool. This is a good class.  He looked pretty good at the senior bowl and would be a challenge for LB's to cover from the backfield. With the right coach, he will be a threat. 

Outside of QB, which will be addressed in RD 1, what do you guys think our biggest needs are? Here are mine in order by importance:

2. OL (C, G, T)---Best available, which ever position it is. 

3. DL (5-tech)----Realllllly wish we signed Daquan Jones.

4. EDGE---This might have to wait until 2019 offseason/draft.

5. TE--Unless Gesicki/Hurst/Goedert fall to rd 3 (unlikely), I think we punt this in the draft.

6. CB--Would like to see us add a slot corner that could eventually take over for Skrine.

I'm looking at potential 3rd round OLBs. I'm pretty shocked that we didn't target a OLB with starting experience before the draft. Must be waiting for camp cuts, working a trade for someone like Dee Ford, or really got their eyes on someone in the draft. 

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm looking at potential 3rd round OLBs. I'm pretty shocked that we didn't target a OLB with starting experience before the draft. Must be waiting for camp cuts, working a trade for someone like Dee Ford, or really got their eyes on someone in the draft. 

There wasn't that much quality in the OLBer market this year.  Can't sign whats not there.

Archived